Can't wait to use this...
  Re: (...)
[Image: 86619414.jpg]

Saw it in the store; saw the price was about $5 for a ten-ounce jar; bought it anyway.

The label on the jar suggests using it to baste grilled chicken or fish. Shall have to try that.

It was delicious when I tried just a tip-of-a-knife taste of it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Can't wait to use this... by labradors ([img]http://img129.i...)
How fun! Don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. So, what's in it?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Can't wait to use this... by Mare749 (How fun! Don't thin...)
doesn't that sound good!! So, if we used a base for jalapeno jelly and added margarita goodies to it, hmmmmmm. And I sure do like using jalapeno jellys for bastes. Great topping for baked potatoes also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Can't wait to use this... by cjs (doesn't that sound g...)
I've seen items from Cherith Valley Gardens on the Amazon website, but shipping costs are a bit prohibitive. They are located in Texas, and a friend is going there for a wedding this summer... wonder if he'd like to do a little shopping for me?!?!

I'm thinking that this jelly would be great as a baste for grilled tilapia, served as fish tacos with steamed corn tortillas, chopped avocados and tomatoes. Lunch time seems so far away!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Can't wait to use this... by foodfiend (I've seen items from...)
Ingredients: Sugar, Water, Lime Juice, Tequila, Pectin, Citric Acid.

Pretty straightforward. Probably worth trying to make at home.
  Re: Re: Can't wait to use this... by labradors (Ingredients: Sugar, ...)
So, what are you going to use it for first?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Can't wait to use this... by Mare749 (So, what are you goi...)
Probably chicken, and probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Today, I'm making lasagna. Since half of that is already promised to someone else for today, I need to do that. Tomorrow, and Monday, I'll be wrapped up with other things, so I'll just have the lasagna leftovers.

By Tuesday, I may decide to use it on rĂ³balo instead of chicken, but I'll think about it. There's plenty there to try each (if I don't just use it as shooters before then - LOL!).
  Re: Re: Can't wait to use this... by labradors (Probably chicken, an...)
I have a recipe. I will post it later. I am leaving now.

I have not made it, but it is from a book I use a lot for making and canning sauces and jams. I think the only addition my recipe has is triple sec.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Can't wait to use this... by esgunn (I have a recipe. I ...)
Ok that's just cool I can't wait to hear how it tastes.
  Re: Re: Can't wait to use this... by DFen911 (Ok that's just cool ...)
Forgot: I picked up the ingredients to make "Tamarind-Glazed Turkey Burgers" (well, actually chicken, for me, since I can't get ground turkey here without buying a frozen turkey) for tomorrow, so I'll freeze some of the lasagna so I make sure I use these other ingredients. Either way, it's still Tuesday or Wednesday for trying the Margarita jelly on something.

Erin, it will be interesting to see that recipe. It could be more economical than the price of this stuff.

Denise, we all know the way YOU want to use the Margarita jelly is with a straw! LOL! (From my initial taste of this, I wouldn't blame you, though.)