free stuff
  Re: (...)
Hi Everybody,

Back in April we had a pretty bad fire here and as a result my kitchenaid 600 burnt in it. Today I have replaced my stand mixer but because of warranty and power decided to go with cuisinart. I have a dough hook, whisk, and flat whisk or whatever its name is. Does anybody want it? I would be glad to ***** the items if somebody can use them.
  Re: free stuff by piano226 (Hi Everybody,[br][br...)
Since my memory is going, I'm going to ask what may be a dumb question. Did we know you had gone thru a fire??? Did you lose everything? (well, except those attachments? ) What a terrible thing to go through.

Hope all is well now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: free stuff by cjs (Since my memory is g...)
Really...I don't remember hearing about this, either. Here's hoping it was a small kitchen fire and you got a new kitchen remodel out of the thing.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: free stuff by Gourmet_Mom (Really...I don't rem...)
HI,

Unfortunately the fire was not small it burnt 1500 sq foot structure that housed my boyfriends pride and joy...his workshop...40 years of tools collecting, everything he loved and cherished was in there. The fire was horrible, he had 8 propane tanks, oxygen tanks, 50 gallon diesel fueling station for the tractor, welding tanks, just purchased 300 lbs of fertilizer, etc etc etc. When it started blowing up it was horrendous. We had 7 redwood trees about 150-200 ft tall each that were burnt to the top. On top of it the day the fire happened we found out he had to have emergency surgery. Needless to say April was a month from hell.

My mixer story is kind of funny because it broke and i took it to the repair shop. They wanted 70 dollars for a new part and a 100 to put it in. My b/f of course said...who needs to pay $100 dollars to shove one part in your mixer..how difficult can that be..I agreed and happily put the mixer on his workbench ..guess where...IN THE WORKSHOP. As a result i am now a proud owner of a cuisinart SM-70. I chose it because it has 1000 watt motor and 3 year warranty. So if anyody wants the little stuff i have left from Kitchenaid they are welcome to it.
  Re: Re: free stuff by piano226 (HI,[br][br]Unfortuna...)
OMG! What a terrible experience! "8 propane tanks, oxygen tanks, 50 gallon diesel fueling station for the tractor, welding tanks, just purchased 300 lbs of fertilizer, etc etc etc" HOLY COW! Obviously you guys weren't too close by...talk about home made bombs!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: free stuff by Gourmet_Mom (OMG! What a terribl...)
I do happen to remember the fire that piano is talking about. What a terrible thing to go through, as well as your boyfriend's surgery. Hopefully, he is doing okay now?

What a nice offer you have made. I don't happen to be needing those items, but someone will surely appreciate them.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: free stuff by Mare749 (I do happen to remem...)
The workshop - yes, I do remember now. What a tragedy!! (the fire, not my mind)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com