Dinner - Monday, July 13th?
  Re: (...)
I have a small turkey tenderloin and a little hunk of turkey breast thawing out - have no idea what it'll become....

What are you all up to?

Also, anyone having a birthday soon interested in picking a dinner to review???? Especially with the two new cookbooks out??? Anyone??? (all I hear are echos... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by cjs (I have a small turke...)
Not a clue...I'll wait and be inspired by you all!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by Gourmet_Mom (Not a clue...I'll wa...)
Leftover smoked brisket from yesterday, maybe with a little bbq sauce on it today. It was so good, it didn't need any sauce, but maybe just a little bit today. I'm thinking some cole slaw for a salad. What I really want to do it go to the store for some more cream cheese to make ice cream!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by Mare749 (Leftover smoked bris...)
gotta tell you we are sure enjoying having TWO QTS. of the choc. cream cheese ice cream in the freezer. I keep saying I'm going to half the recipes from now on, but maybe not...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by cjs (gotta tell you we ar...)
I'm still baching (sp?) it--I'm thawing some smoked brisket, will slice very thin, and serve with my garden tomatoes and basil, store bought lettuce, onion, and cucumbers. The dressing comes from Jean-named after a son in law who passed away--It's Larry's Italian Dressing (wonderful)--the only liberty I take is adding blu cheese crumbles. I will consume this and a dry red wine with gusto!!

P.S. I'm going to start with a bowl of roasted red pepper soup!
Truly a "singular" feast!! Blessed are they that are alone. May they be filled. (I'm sure I read that somewhere--Matthew, Luke? I'm sure it wasn't Mark or John).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by Old Bay (I'm still baching (s...)
please raise your glass to our Larry!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by cjs (please raise your gl...)
Quote:

please raise your glass to our Larry!

You will hear the "ring"--the sound of one glass toasting!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Cajun Chicken Stroganoff & broccolini.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by Trixxee (Cajun Chicken Stroga...)
Baked Shrimp Scampi, a salad and some bread.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Monday, July 13th? by esgunn (Baked Shrimp Scampi,...)
William called and said the employee was with him, so I did spaghetti...his favorite. I used fresh romas for the sauce.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.