Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14
  Re: (...)
Found a slow cooker recipe calling for some of my favorite things - corn, black beans, turkey, lots of Mexican spices and serve it wrapped in a tortilla, so that's the way I'm going.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by cjs (Found a slow cooker ...)
When I saw this post I groaned...I had no idea. Then I read about your Salisbury steak in the Monday thread. That's when I remembered seeing cube steak on sale the other day. It's been a while. For me, there's something incredibly satisfying about cube steak browned and simmered in gravy with a side of mashed 'taters and peas.....YUM! Thanks...dinner is decided!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by Gourmet_Mom (When I saw this post...)
We're having parmesan crusted tilapia, rosemary roasted red potatoes and roasted patty pan squash. Yum!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by Trixxee (We're having parmesa...)
Today, I'll get some rĂ³balo fillets and try them with the Margarita jelly.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by cjs (Found a slow cooker ...)
Jean, if it is a keeper will you please share the black bean and turkey crock pot recipe?

I have no idea. It is a gym night. Need to do something in the crock pot since we need to leave about noon and won't be home until 8:00 pm.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by esgunn (Jean, if it is a kee...)
I sure will, Erin!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by labradors (Today, I'll get some...)
You all are going to think I'm tight--I just don't like to waste--
I have two pieces of pizza leftover from my "hold-em" game--I'm warming them up and adding freshly sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms to put on top. I also have some leftover caprese salad to which I will add fresh tomatoes and basil. There is about a third of a bottle of Barolo left from the weekend, by George, I think I've got it!!! I think I've got it!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by Old Bay (You all are going to...)
NOPE...not tight...frugal, maybe...smart...definitely! I hate wasting food! Having chickens has helped a little, but they are not carnivores...I'm working on that one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by Gourmet_Mom (NOPE...not tight...f...)
One word Daphne - pigs! Pigs will eat ham & beans! Sheesh.

I'm still debating on dinner. I have pork chops, I'm craving a hominy and coconut milk side I saw Tyler Florence do on a show featuring Jamaican food. It could even be left overs from Sunday's lamb.

The only thing I know for sure is Pina Colada Sorbet! Maybe banana spring roll to go with it????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, 7/14 by Harborwitch (One word Daphne - p...)
We had taco salad tonight only it's not really in a taco. I make a big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green and yellow pepper and black olives. Brown some ground meat, drain it well and add some taco seasoning. When it's cooled off bit, top the salad and add shredded cheddar and crushed doritos. You can use salsa and/or taco sauce if you want to, but we like this particular salad with Catalina or Western dressing, and cold beers to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."