The best half & half
  Re: (...)
Janes not here--I just had rice Krispies with half heavy whipping cream and half 2% milk. OMG it was so good!! I can now go to bed and let my arteries do what they will! You have to do this every once in a while!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: The best half & half by Old Bay (Janes not here--I ju...)
The half & half that I like is a milkshake that is half chocolate and half vanilla (sometimes called a "black and white" in some places).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: The best half & half by Old Bay (Janes not here--I ju...)
Oh yum! On rare occasions, I heat heavy whipping cream in the microwave and pour over semi sweet chocolate chips - let sit, stir to a smooth sauce and eat with spoon. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: The best half & half by esgunn (Oh yum! On rare occ...)
When I was a kid, and wanted something during TV time at night, my mom would mix the following in a glass: evaporated milk, warm water, sugar, vanilla extract. I still like that, though I don't make it very often,
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: The best half & half by labradors (When I was a kid, an...)
I'm trying to picture rice krispies with heavy whipping cream - I'm betting they didn't "snap, crackle and pop!" More like a burp.
  Re: Re: The best half & half by iBcookin (I'm trying to pictur...)
Erin, I made a cake for my Dad's birthday and the glaze was basically bittersweet chocolate and warmed half & half (yes, the "real" stuff for a birthday cake!). There was a bit left over and... I could not resist. It is heavenly!!!

For some reason, simply reading this thread compels me to push my run to 4 miles this morning...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: The best half & half by foodfiend (Erin, I made a cake ...)
Bill, it's sure been fun having you around while Jane's been gone, but I have a feeling we won't see you again very often after Thursday and you have your life back....

speaking of rice krispies, Roy was just talking about not having peanut butter rice krispie bars forever!! Poor baby.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The best half & half by cjs (Bill, it's sure been...)
Oh, I'll be around. My reports on the liberal use of heavy whipping cream may be limited.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: The best half & half by Old Bay (Oh, I'll be around. ...)
you'll have to be a little more 'conservative,' eh??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The best half & half by cjs (you'll have to be a ...)
Oh Bill! You naughty, naughty boy!

ERIN! I'm appalled! (SHHHH! and I'll be trying that just as soon as possible!)

Labs, that was my grandfather's favorite treat!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.