C@H Online Recipe - Sounds Good!
  Re: (...)
Don't know why I've never done this, but I sure will when we get home - sounds realy tasty!

Bacon-Wrapped Turkey “Filet Mignons” with Garlic Spinach

These quick-cooking turkey medallions may be petite in size, but there’s nothing small about their flavor!
Makes: 4 servings Total time: 30 minutes

2 turkey tenderloins (8–10 oz. each)
8 strips thin-sliced bacon
Kosher Salt and black pepper

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided

1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 bags leaf spinach, stemmed (10 oz. each
Kosher salt to taste
Lemon wedges

Cut each tenderloin crosswise into 4 steaks. Wrap each with a strip of bacon, securing it with a toothpick; season with salt and pepper.

Sauté turkey with 2 Tbsp. oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Turn filets on edges and brown the bacon all around, 3–4 minutes. Turkey is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°.

Let turkey rest 3 minutes, then remove toothpicks.
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes; sauté just until fragrant.
Add spinach, tossing with tongs until wilted; season with salt.

Serve turkey with lemon wedges to squeeze over meat and garlic spinach.

1. Cut the steaks about the width of a strip of bacon. Wrap steaks with bacon and secure.

2. Sauté turkey until golden brown on each side—for the best color, don’t move them much.

3. Tip the steaks on their edges to crisp the bacon, rolling them as they brown.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: C@H Online Recipe - Sounds Good! by cjs (Don't know why I've ...)
I saw that too, copied and want to make it. Looked for Turkey tenderloins but Sam's doesn't carry them - knew that was a long shot. They are a little hard to find.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: C@H Online Recipe - Sounds Good! by esgunn (I saw that too, copi...)
I saw it also....the only tenderloins I can find are pre-marinated (Jenni-O ? brand). They didn't kill me last time, so I guess I'll go that route with this.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: C@H Online Recipe - Sounds Good! by Gourmet_Mom (I saw it also....the...)
Honeysuckle offers prepackaged turkey tenderloins which I find in the meat dept. of our grocery store-- perhaps the store manager can order them?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: C@H Online Recipe - Sounds Good! by esgunn (I saw that too, copi...)
Quote:

I saw that too, copied and want to make it. Looked for Turkey tenderloins but Sam's doesn't carry them - knew that was a long shot. They are a little hard to find.

Erin, we shop at Sam's too, and it seems like they only order those in once in a while, but I was able to get them not that long ago. Maybe you could ask the meat manager to order them for you?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: C@H Online Recipe - Sounds Good! by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I can't recommend any of the pre-marinated turkey. While we remodeled our kitchen we were eating out of the microwave. All the pre-marinaded meats were so salty! Around here we can get some fresh turkey loins. Pay the extra if they're available.
  Re: Re: C@H Online Recipe - Sounds Good! by HomeCulinarian (I can't recommend an...)
"Pay the extra if they're available" - I agree!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com