Potatoes stuffed with ham
  Re: (...)
Saw this on Al Sabor Del Chef - a show on Canal de las Estrellas (Channel of the Stars), and it looked tasty. Have translated it from Spanish to English, of course.

Potatoes stuffed with ham

Ingredients:
  • 4 Large potatoes, fully cooked in salted water
  • 1 Tbsp Oil
  • 6 Slices Bacon, diced
  • 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
  • 1 C Finely diced ham
  • 1 C Shredded cooked chicken breast
  • 1/2 C Cream
  • 1 Tbsp Butter
  • 2 Tbsp Chopped parsley
  • 1/4 Tsp Pepper
  • 1 Tsp Salt [Sounds like a lot of salt to me. I'd probably use half that.]
  • 1 C Grated Manchego cheese
  • 1/4 Tsp Pepper
Instructions:
  1. Cut the cooked potatoes in half, lengthwise.
  2. Scoop out the potatoes to within 1 cm (4/10") of the skins, setting aside the pulp.
  3. In a sauté pan, heat the oil and fry the bacon.
  4. Add the onion, ham, chicken, cream, butter, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
  5. Add the reserved potato pulp.
  6. Stuff the potato skins with this mixture, cover each with the cheese and a little pepper.
  7. Microwave the potatoes for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese [I would use the broiler].
  8. If you wish, accompany these with new potatoes in a cilantro sauce. [Potatoes as a side to potatoes? Well, here, they'll serve rice as a side to spaghetti. LOL!]
This certainly isn't intended to be the most advanced of recipes, but it still sounds yummy.

Actually, the new potatoes in cilantro sauce were probably mentioned because they were the next recipe on the show:

New Potato Appetizer with Cilantro Sauce

Ingredients:
For the sauce:
  • 2 Serrano chiles
  • 2 Bunches of cilantro [When they put it into the blender, loosely, it almost filled the blender.]
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic
  • 1/2 of a red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 C Water
  • 1/2 C Olive oil
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
  • 1/2 Tsp Pepper
For the appetizer:
  • 2 1/4 Lbs New potatoes, blanched
  • 1 C Cherry tomatoes
  • 2 Slices, 3/4" thick ham, diced [The written recipe calls for York-style ham, but the video did not specify. In Mexico (the origin of the show) and here, jamón tipo York is a kind of deli ham, and not the true York ham from England.]
  • 2 Tbsp Olive oil
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
  • 1/2 Tsp Pepper
  • 1 Tbsp Paprika
Instructions:
For the sauce:
  1. Purée the cilantro, onion, garlic, serranos, water, salt and pepper.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, add the sauce, and boil a couple of minutes until thicker.
For the potatoes:
  1. Sauté the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
Serving:
  1. Put the potatoes, ham, and tomatoes into separate compartments of a divided dish.
  2. Cover with the cilantro sauce.
  3. Serve with toothpicks.
  4. You could also use this with cubes of cheese, pieces of hot dog or sausage, or whatever you like.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Potatoes stuffed with ham by labradors (Saw this on [url=htt...)
These really sound good, labs. And what great tasting skewers to make with the tatoes, ham & tom. drizzled with the cilantro sauce. That sauce really sounds good and I have cilantro that will be going to seed by the time I get home, so I can fill a blender jar for sure.

And the first one sounds like a good base for twice-baked tatoes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com