Plums, Plums, and More Plums
  Re: (...)
The Santa Rosa plums have started falling from the tree, so yesterday I picked a little over a gallon of them and today picked another 3 gallons. After pitting the first gallon, I've decided to just cut the rest of them in half and freeze them until the plums are gone. Then I'll put them in the stovetop juicer and package them in 2 cup batches for sorbets and granitas. Y'all would be more than welcome to come pick a few. The juice just runs down your chin when you bite into them.

It's just not as fun as when Fredia was here and nobody else seems to want to help and share the juice.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Plums, Plums, and More Plums by bjcotton (The Santa Rosa plums...)
Billy, I am so jealous! Just think of all the sweet and sour plum sauce I could make!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Plums, Plums, and More Plums by bjcotton (The Santa Rosa plums...)
Billy, I'm too far away--send me some!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Plums, Plums, and More Plums by Old Bay (Billy, I'm too far a...)
Oh I would kill for a plum tree!!

Plum preserves, jam, vodka, roasted with duck....oh the possibilities
  Re: Re: Plums, Plums, and More Plums by DFen911 (Oh I would kill for ...)
Denise beat me to it. I was thinking "duck" all the way, too.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Plums, Plums, and More Plums by labradors (Denise beat me to it...)
I sure wish you were on the way home, Billy!! You know we'd stop and help strip your tree!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Plums, Plums, and More Plums by cjs (I sure wish you were...)
Billy, I'm so jealous. That plum sauce was soooo good! Some gremlin left my leftovers out of the fridge, so I'll have to make some more to go with the frozen egg rolls. ARRRRGGGG!!!! Sure wish I had some of yours, I know they'd be better/fresher than the ones I have available.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.