Yakima Produce
  Re: (...)
So Jean, Tell us about the treasures you brought home and what you have done with them.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Yakima Produce by esgunn (So Jean, Tell us a...)
Yes, my dear, tell us....
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Yakima Produce by bjcotton (Yes, my dear, tell u...)
I just canned 27 pints of apricots and made 4 pie fillings (to freeze) - thank God, Roy came up and he's doing the dishes. You should see this disaster area called my kitchen

I'll post tomorrow a.m. - we sure got some wonderful buys!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Yakima Produce by cjs (I just canned 27 pin...)
I lost my address line thing!!! So I can't highlight, copy & paste where this post is, but the post titled "On The Road - Tasting & Buying" just below here tells about Yakima's Farmer's market.

Then we stopped at a farm and picked up 40 lbs. of gorgeous apricots ($12.00/20 lbs. ) and cherries $1.36/lb. Was going to pick up some corn, but didn't see a really good price (at the last minute) so will pick that up here.

The apricots are all done now, just have to do a batch of jam and one of chutney today. Then put up the cherries.

Where's Billy when you need him?? Remember all the corn last year?

P.S. Also the post titled "Pig Wings" tells about some food we had while there.

What happened to my address line?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Yakima Produce by cjs (I lost my address li...)
The prices...WOW! I'm so jealous! And you've processed 40 pounds of apricots in one day?!?!?!?!?

Jean, that has happened to me a time or two...never did figure out how. I think if you move your mouse up there, it will appear temporarily. How to fix it, I forget. DUH! Hopefully Labs will be along to tell both of us.

While he's at it, maybe he can tell me how to fix my screen when it suddenly goes sideways and upside-down. The only way I've found to fix that is to "sit on" the keyboard...LOL! Evidently, it's a combination of keys, but I've yet to figure that one out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Yakima Produce by Gourmet_Mom (The prices...WOW! I...)
Jean, which browser are you using?

If it's Firefox, right click in that area and make sure "Navigation toolbar" is checked.

If it's Internet Explorer, you'll probably have to go to Internet Options (either from the "tools" menu or through the Control Panel), look for "Reset Internet Explorer Settings," do that, then exit all Internet Explorer windows and start it up again.

Older versions of Internet Explorer (e.g. IE6) USED to have an "Address bar" option you could access the same way as what Firefox offers, but I guess getting rid of that was another one of Micro$oft's many "improvements."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Yakima Produce by labradors (Jean, which browser ...)
o.k. I'm saving this for Roy Rogers. thanks.
www.achefsjourney.com