Sweet Yeast Rolls
  Re: (...)
I was recently at a Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse and they served a sweet yeast roll - the dough is sweet. I remembered someone was looking for a recipe similar from another restaurant. (But I don't remember who). I found this recipe - Have not tried it.

Note: These sweet yeast rolls have more yeast than traditional versions for a quicker rising time, which makes them perfect for weekday and holiday preparation.

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:
¾ cup plus 1 T. plain soymilk, divided
1/3 cup honey
2 T sugar
2 packages dry active yeast
2 cups white all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ t. salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Preparation:
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the ¾ cup soymilk, honey and sugar, stirring until the mixture is consistent and just warm (about 110 F). Remove form heat and transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast and allow the mixture to rest for about five minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface of the soymilk.

2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the flours and salt. Set aside.

3. Using an electric hand mixer at medium speed, mix the eggs into the soymilk mixture until well combined. Add in the flour mixture in several additions until forming a soft and slightly sticky dough. Turn out the dough and knead until elastic, about 3 to 4 minutes. Return dough to the mixing bowl and cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.

4. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

5. Punch down the dough, turn the dough out onto an un-floured surface and knead for about 2 minutes. (Lightly flour the surface only if the dough sticks to your hands or the counter.) Return the dough to the mixing bowl, cover and let dough rise for 30 minutes more.

6. Turn the dough out onto a dry surface and separate divide into twelve balls. Knead each ball of dough slightly, placing them on the prepared sheet as you finish. Cover loosely with a towel and let the rolls rise for 10 minutes.

7. Using a sharp knife in very swift motions, cut a line down the center of the tops of the rolls. Let the rolls rest about 10 minutes more, or until the lines spread apart slightly. Brush the rolls with the 1 T. soymilk and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Sweet Yeast Rolls by esgunn (I was recently at a ...)
Bread...what's not to love.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sweet Yeast Rolls by cjs (Bread...what's not t...)
Amen! Copied and saved, Erin. These sound yummy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.