Brian or Carlos?
  Re: (...)
Ok so why is it when I do a search and nothing is returned by my search I have to wait 15 minutes before I can do another search? Is there any way to remove that timer. Very frustrating
  Re: Brian or Carlos? by DFen911 (Ok so why is it when...)
OY....same here! I've figured out how to get around a second search if you get results....but if you get nothing...ARG!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Brian or Carlos? by Gourmet_Mom (OY....same here! I'...)
Don't forget: Google site-searches do not have that limitation.

Just enter the words or phrases for which you wish to search, and add "site:cuisineathome.com" (without the quotes) at the end.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Brian or Carlos? by labradors (Don't forget: Google...)
I am pretty sure I use "cuisineathome.forums" in my google search but my mind is pretty shot these days so I may be wrong.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Brian or Carlos? by DFen911 (Ok so why is it when...)
Well, hopefully I can help here.....

First, please note that when you perform a search, there is a box below the search field that defines the time frame that you'll be searching. I think that it defaults to 1 week (maybe 2 weeks, I can't remember). Anyway, that may be why your results are limited. For instance, I searched the word "Meatball" in the last 1 week, I get only 2 results. But if I expand my search to include posts newer than 1 year, I get over 200 results. If you haven't been changing that setting, that might explain why you're searching and not getting results. Try changing that and let me know if you still have the problem.

As for the time requirement between searches, that one dumbfounds me a bit. We do have a setting that defines how long a user must wait between searches. It's not uncommon for forums to use that feature so as to limit the amount of traffic to their database (among other reasons). I just checked our settings, and it was set for 60 seconds between searches. That said, I'm not sure why it would be forcing you to wait 15 minutes to do another search???

I went ahead and changed that setting from 60 seconds to 15 seconds. So, theoretically you should be able to perform a search and then search again 15 seconds later. Please give that a try and let me know if you continue to have problems.

Hope that helps!!

Brian
  Re: Re: Brian or Carlos? by Brian (Well, hopefully I ca...)
Oh, and a couple of other quick notes.

When you search, your results will only include posts made in the last 2 years. And, the forum will provide a maximum of 200 search results.

Obviously neither is a problem in this case, just thought I'd let everyone know.

Brian
  Re: Re: Brian or Carlos? by Brian (Oh, and a couple of ...)
Thanks Brian! That is very helpful...now to figure out something I've gotten no hits for to test it out. Maybe Denise could come on later today and test her previous search.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Brian or Carlos? by Brian (Oh, and a couple of ...)
Correction:

Although the 200-result limit DOES exit, the two-year limit only applies to what may be ENTERED into the date-range boxes, NOT to the results returned.

For example: type "shrimp cocktail" (WITH the quotes) into the search box, check "in subject," delete the "1" from the "Newer than" box and set the ""Week(s)" part of the "Newer than" box to blank, then submit the search. You will get (as of the time I have posted this message) 23 results. The most recent one is 09/03/07, and the oldest one is 04/26/01 - a little over EIGHT years ago.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Brian or Carlos? by labradors (Correction:[br][br]A...)
So cool! Thanks Labs! I have hated having to adjust the dates to go back more than 2 years!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Brian or Carlos? by Gourmet_Mom (So cool! Thanks Lab...)
I don't know how I learned to do this, but it's what I do and it works great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com