How do you all do a search?
  Re: (...)
Ok there is a thread I'm looking for, for the last 2 hours I've been looking to no avail.

How do you do your searches? I put in a key word but the post is at least 5 weeks old. So I put 0 in the newer field and 5 weeks in the older field.

Do you put quotes around your word search? I'm really frustrated with the search ability here. Then if it doesn't return anything I have to wait 5-15 minutes before it'll let me search again. (thus my post to Brian or Carlos)

It's a question that has already been asked and answered, by me and Labs lol. About the Cuban Pork recipe he posted. I have the recipe but wanted to go back to some of the questions/answers.

Arg so frustrating.
  Re: How do you all do a search? by DFen911 (Ok there is a thread...)
Well, whenever I post that recipe (or the link thereto), I may mention that it is Cuban, but don't usually call it "Cuban Pork." Instead, I use its real name: Lechon Asado. If you search for THAT (in quotes), with my name in the "username" part of the search, you will get all the posts I've made that contain. After I post THIS message, your search should return 17 messages, and you should be able to find the right one from there.

BTW, the way to get the most results from the search is to make all four of those boxes in the date-range part of the search BLANK. Even though the search page SAYS the maximum date range is two years, that's only if you enter one. If you leave those boxes blank, your search will go all the way back to the beginning of the forum. If you use too common a word for your search key, though, you'll run up against the limit of 200 results.

Good luck, and enjoy the Lechon Asado. Any other questions, just ask.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How do you all do a search? by labradors (Well, whenever I pos...)
And there you go!

BTW...thanks for the info on the date info! But like you said, it can be limiting if it's too common a word...but good to know, none-the-less!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How do you all do a search? by Gourmet_Mom (And there you go! [...)
Denise, I found a way around that time thing by searching through google. I wish I could remember how I did it, but I think Rob was the one who steered me towards that. Whenever I use it, I have to tinker till I find it again.
I agree, the search function is maddening. I usually end up giving up and just posting the question in a new thread. How impatient am I???
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: How do you all do a search? by chef_Tab (Denise, I found a wa...)
Thanks Labs Yes I plan on doing that recipe this Saturday. I have the recipe all saved but I know we had a discussion on using a 15lb pork butt instead of the ham and those were the Q&A's I was looking for Shoot maybe it was in PM I'll check those too
  Re: Re: How do you all do a search? by DFen911 (Thanks Labs [img]/ub...)
When the recipe says "ham," it's not talking about a cured, salty ham, but a fresh ham shank. It also mentions a shoulder roast. Really, just about any pork will do (I'll leave the obvious, political jokes to your own imaginations), though I doubt I would use more-expensive pork tenderloin for it unless I had too.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How do you all do a search? by labradors (When the recipe says...)
Denise, is this the thread you were looking for?? (Thank heavens I finally got my adress line back!! Ended up doing a 'system restore' to another date)

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post66805

If not, there were some others in the same search. Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com