Hee Hee, Guess What I Did...
  Re: (...)
I was going through my recipes deleting those that "I knew I'd never make" and along I came to Aebleskiver..."can't find those pans around here" so I deleted it. Today, I called my friend Coni to see if she needed to go anywhere. Nope! I called all of my friends that could go run around. Nope! Finally caught my niece and she said ok. We went to one of the local Fruit/Vegetable stands and there, lo and behold, an , with mix and Marionberry preserves. So now I have to find the recipe again Who cares I got one!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hee Hee, Guess What I Did... by bjcotton (I was going through ...)
Good for you Billy! I'm still holding that one...one day!!!!

And with the spelling of that one, it will be a cinch to find...LOL! As a matter of fact, Jean posted trying to find it recently and several of us posted links to the original threads! Have fun!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hee Hee, Guess What I Did... by Gourmet_Mom (Good for you Billy! ...)
I just love saying that word.....aebelskiver.....makes me giggle. Say it three times fast and try not to laugh!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Hee Hee, Guess What I Did... by bjcotton (I was going through ...)
Billy Billy Billy!

DANISH ABELSKIVER

3 ½ C Flour
5 Large eggs, separated
¼ C Sugar
2 C Milk, scalded and cooled
½ TO 2/3 C Butter, melted
1 Cake or package yeast
Grated rind of 1 lemon or 1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
Ground cardamom (to taste)

Put flour in a bowl and make a well in the center. Into the well put the egg yolks, sugar, 1 ¾ C. milk, and the melted butter. Work together with a spoon.

Dissolve the yeast in the remaining ¼ C milk and add along with the flavoring and the salt. Beat until smooth.

Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture. Set aside to rise until doubled.

Cook as usual making sure the pan is well buttered. Serve with an assortment of jams, jellies, and powdered sugar.

This is the one I used when you were here - my Grandmother's recipe.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hee Hee, Guess What I Did... by Harborwitch (Billy Billy Billy![b...)
Thanks Sharon! I really appreciate it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hee Hee, Guess What I Did... by bjcotton (Thanks Sharon! I re...)
No problem! Hey where'd the "baby" go????? Did you flush that with the aebelskiver recipe
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!