T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24??
  Re: (...)
Helping neighbors with a garage/yard sale today and tomorrow, so tonight will be the pizza with leftover 5-spice glazed chicken. Nice and easy.

What are you all up to?

AND thank God, this batch of canning is all behind me! I will love it this winter, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by cjs (Helping neighbors wi...)
It's recovery day here (we had a catering event yesterday at the winery which involved me running up and stairs stairs for a few hours). I have two chickens in the fridge. I'll probably do them two different ways in the oven.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by Lorraine (It's recovery day he...)
Hi there, stranger!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by cjs (Hi there, stranger!!...)
Not sure yet, but am thinking grilled salmon, grilled corn and cole slaw.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by Mare749 (Not sure yet, but am...)
Too bad you're not closer, Maryann. We have a green top of brocolli slaw that he made. I think it's the one of the best he's made. Howdy, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by Lorraine (Too bad you're not c...)
I had no idea what to make until I read the Five Spice Chicken review. I looked for plum jam a while back and couldn't find any so that recipe went on the back burner. Never thought to start with plum sauce!

I can't even really remember what the recipe entails but I'm envisioning making some wraps with this chicken. I'll go find my book.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by Trixxee (I had no idea what t...)
I took a beef tenderloin filet big enough for two servings out of the freezer along with some wine/mushroom sauce. Making baked sweet potatoes, and broccoli from our garden. Easy fare for Friday night.

The best thing going on with me today is that my cleaning lady is back to work after an 8 month hiatus. She had a surgery and it took her this long to recover. We love her so much that we made due until she was able to return.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by Trixxee (I had no idea what t...)
Since I've got a brief break in freezing, I think I'll make up some pizza and pasta dough and bread. I also have some bits and pieces of breads I've been saving to make croutons and bread crumbs. Then, this evening we'll be moving the stockpile in the freezing unit here to the nice cleaned out freezer at the farm to make room for the next wave of freezing! WHEW!

ANYWAY, since I'll be making up pasta, I'm thinking butternut squash lasagna and a salad...or Jean's Penne Al Burro. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since I've got a bri...)
I think it will be hamburgers - probably with pimiento cheese sauce. They love that stuff. Spoiled little buggers.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/24?? by esgunn (I think it will be h...)
I can finally add something! I made mac and cheese ala Sharon.....in my giant muffin tins. I had one of those and a big Greek salad. Now I will have some to reheat through the week. I cannot imagine the smell of mac and cheese cooking would be offensive to anyone.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!