Wednesday Dinner - July 29th??
  Re: (...)
Can you believe it's almost the end of another month already?? And man, is it hot up here - how are you guys doing, Erin?? Our house is not air conditioned, so we've been 'sleeping around' the last couple of nights - the trailer is air conditioned and the downstairs bedroom is built back underground, so it's wonderfully cool.

Anyway, have absolutely no ideas what we're having tonight - maybe tunafish sandwiches. Oh, last night we had our first artichokes - IF ANYONE has the opportunity to try a truly fresh artichoke (maybe from a farmer's market), do try it - it's almost like a different veggie. We had a couple artichoke plants when we lived in Sonoma County (Calif), but they were always so full of bugs we couldn't eat them. This is my first experiecnce with really, really fresh ones. I'll tell you, we will always have artichoke plants from now on!! Oh my, they are so good.

What are you all up to??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by cjs (Can you believe it's...)
Chicken with leeks and cream. May also make some popcorn bread.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by labradors (Chicken with leeks a...)
I have half a leftover casserole from yesterday, ham, potato, brocolli. Will probably eat that as we have lots of work to do around the house (had to buy another bookcase, and another set of shelves).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by Lorraine (I have half a leftov...)
I haven't a clue. "The employee" is supposed to be here, so it will have to be a LOT of something...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't a clue. "...)
We're having a mish mash - was able to pick a lot out of the garden so will grill them and add some smoked meats andd fish - light and cool for this weather.

Haven't seen Erin. hope she hasn't melted!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by cjs (Can you believe it's...)
Quote:

IF ANYONE has the opportunity to try a truly fresh artichoke

I saw a program on tv yesterday. It was about an annual artichoke festival in Sicily. They said freshly picked artichokes are nothing like the ones bought in a grocery store. Would love to find soem really fresh ones. (Or go to Sicily for the festival).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Someone gave my husband some figs the other day and lo and behold there is an asian-y chicken & fig recipe in the new Cooking Light. Never cooked with figs before. I have some baby bok choy and brown rice to go with it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by cjs (We're having a mish ...)
Hi! Busy picking raspberries, hubby just got home from a 15 day trip and we have camped out under the willow tree watching the kids swim in the lake every afternoon.

It is HOT! it was 83 degrees here at 8:30 this morning! I know a lot of you wouldn't think much about that - but that is HOT for us on a good day - and at 8:30 unheard of. Supposed to get to 100 today. We have AC, but it does nothing for the kids bedrooms upstairs. oh well. We managage it. THey are so worn out from swimming every day they sleep pretty good.

Oh Yeah - Dinner - somethingon the grill. Dragon Steak I think. That is flank steak in an asian marinade, and green beans from the garden.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by esgunn (Hi! Busy picking r...)
Hi,

Italian steak sandwiches from C@H, grilled corn and greek salad for us tonight.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - July 29th?? by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]Italian s...)
Ron's having l/o ribs, I'm having a grilled chicken breast, we're both having a baked potato, fresh broccoli and some grilled ciabatta bread. Blueberries with a squirt of Reddi-Whip for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."