Cooking for One Cookbook
  Re: (...)
Can anyone suggest a good cooking for one cookbook?
Shirley
  Re: Cooking for One Cookbook by smschwag (Can anyone suggest a...)
Hi Shirley!! So good to hear from you. You know, somewhere I have a book I put together for my mother after Dad died that she used a lot - most of them were kind of her favorites redone to a size she could handle. I'll try to find it and send it to you.

Also, C@H's Cuisine for Two would be a great one for you. A lot of them can be cut in half or do a full recipe if you don't mind leftovers once in a while.

The hardest thing to rewrite for my mother was TACOS!!! She just loved tacos. You just can't make tacos for one person without taco salads after.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking for One Cookbook by cjs (Hi Shirley!! So good...)
Thanks for the suggestion, Jean. I wondered about a book for 2 and either cut the recipes in half or eat one and freeze one. That book you did for your mom sounds interesting. I would really appreciate a copy.

I want to get back to cooking again. The only cooking I have been doing is when I have someone here for dinner. My oldest grand daughter comes once a week and has dinner with me, but that will end soon when she goes back to school. Her sister comes every other week or so and I have invited other family members. I cook big when they are here and send the leftovers home with them. Then the working mothers have a meal they can heat up some evening when they don't feel like cooking.
Shirley
  Re: Re: Cooking for One Cookbook by smschwag (Thanks for the sugge...)
Shirley, Good to see you're back in the kitchen! My mom does the same, loves to cook up a big dinner for guests and always makes care packages to take home.

We're downsized to 2 now, and I found a couple of cooking for 2 books that are great. The CAH and a new Cook's Illustrated book are my favorites.
  Re: Re: Cooking for One Cookbook by HomeCulinarian (Shirley, Good to se...)
Hi Shirley, it's great to see you again. I don't really have a cookbook to recommend at the moment, just wanted to say hello.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."