Lost recipe
  Re: (...)
I have mis-placed a recipe for chicken breasts cooked with 7-up / sprite that came with sides of carrots that were 'shaved' into curls - I think it was in my Cuisine at Home magazine or e-recipes. Does anyone remember this recipe?

Thanks.
  Re: Lost recipe by drabel (I have mis-placed a ...)
Drabel, I would love to help you, but I don't recognize this one and our resource for finding recipes in the archives has been closed down for (fingers crossed) a short while.

Maybe someone will come on who does remember this. Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by cjs (Drabel, I would love...)
Fizzy chicken with lemon vinaigrette
Cuisine at home No. 63 (June 2007), pages 28-29

This chicken simmers in club soda with pop and fizz that's as fun to watch in the pan as it is to eat off the plate.

It's also in one of the Cookbooks, but I don't remember which one.

And, welcome to the forum, Drabel!
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by HomeCulinarian (Fizzy chicken with l...)
I've bit my tongue long enough!

It looks like they may be hoping to replace the "old" Members Plus with the newer, Customer Index. This is all well and good if you know EXACTLY what you are looking for. BUT, SO many of our requests are for recipes that are lost due to loaning a magazine out, or just misplacing/loosing it...i.e. my DANG Soups book that finally turned up!

Then there are the members like Theresa, who joined this forum to get a recipe she tasted, searched out and got HOOKED. She came in to get a recipe for a subscription she didn't have...went on to get the subscription and bought several of the special publications as well. JUST LIKE MYSELF! To my knowledge, she has plans to buy the WHOLE SET as soon as her situation stabilizes...JUST LIKE ME!

When I first joined this forum, I searched the archives for all the available recipes posted. It took a long time. I thought, what a cool thing...I can hear about a recipe and request it and not have to buy it....but then I realized what a GREAT magazine this was! I had to have them all! Any TRUE “culinary artist”* that would want to visit this site, or take the time to search this site for old recipes would feel the same way. *(cook...I HAD to throw that in!)

I subscribed and began my slow process of owning the WHOLE “SET”! I am a second year subscriber, hosted a subscription for my daughter (which I hope to continue), now own MOST of the special publications and 3 of the "SETS"...with plans on buying the rest...access or not. I would have to have the publications as a testament to the “awesome-ness” of the recipes! That and all the helpful tips, pictures, and sides.

I think the availability of the Member's Plus is a good thing and hope you decide it is worth continuing. I for one would be glad to have access, even if there was an additional cost to my regular subscription. Having a computer generated cookbook that allows me to save recipes online, this would be worth an additional cost. HECK, to know that I would not have to TYPE all these things in would be a GREAT incentive to subscribe!

The great recipes, lack of ads, and pictures of all the dishes makes this the ULTIMATE magazine on the market! I recommend it to everyone I meet! I know there have been changes in the format and complaints, but I have faith that the FIRST and ONLY subscription I have ever purchased, will continue to “press” on and publish a magazine I have grown to love. (I have appreciated the “nods” to our suggestions.)

All of this is not to take away from the current problem with people who are a part of the Member's Plus and have used the cookbook saver feature. I was not even aware of this feature....thankfully! That's another “ball of wax”! THAT would have seriously PI** me off if I was victim to that loss without notice. I am hoping this situation will be soon corrected.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by Gourmet_Mom (I've bit my tongue l...)
This recipe comes from Issue 63 of Cuisine at Home. It looked interesting, so I decided to try it out last night. Flavor wise it was good, it just seemed like a lot of trouble and mess and I probably would not make it again. I would make the vinaigrette again and use it over grilled chicken.

Fizzy Chicken with Lemon Vinaigrette

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper
1/2 cup club soda
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes

Combine lemon juice, honey, chives and mustard in a bowl. Drizzle in a 1/4 cup oil, whisking constantly until emulsified. Add salt to taste. Trim chicken breasts of fat and season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, then saute in 2 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and saute for 2 more minutes.
Deglaze with club soda, reduce heat to medium and add 1 tablespoon butter and pepper flakes. Cover and simmer until liquid is syrupy, about 5 minutes; turning chicken to coat. Keep warm over low heat until ready to serve. Serve topped with vinaigrette.

http://cookinginkc.blogspot.com/2008/02/...rette.html
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by HomeCulinarian (Fizzy chicken with l...)
Thanks for the help - I have the last 3 or 4 years of the magazine and several of the cookbooks so I will look for it again!
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by drabel (Thanks for the help ...)
In the process of moving recently I lost an amazing recipe - Greek Beans from this same issue(Issue 63). Does anyone have this recipe?

Thanks so much!

Joe
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by hippolta (In the process of mo...)
It's on recipezaar.com.

TORTILLA CHIP GREEN BEANS

vegetable oil (for frying)
2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup panko
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
salt

BUTTERMILK BATTER (use 1 cup)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

CREAMY GUACAMOLE DIP:
1 avocado, pitted & peeled
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (not the bottled kind)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup sour cream
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (or more)
2 tablespoons scallions, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions
1. MAKE THE DIP FIRST -- SO THAT IT CAN CHILL:.
2. Mash avocado with lime juice in a bowl.
3. Stir in the reamining ingredients, then salt to taste.
4. Chill before serving.

BUTTERMILK BATTER:
1. Whish all batter ingredients together in a bowl until there are no lumps.
2. Prepare the batter just before you need it. However, it's okay if it sits 5-10 minutes.

GREEN BEANS:
1. HEAT 1-1/2-2" of oil to 375ºF in a saucepan.
2. Process crushed chips in a food processor until fine(to make 1 cup).
3. Combine processed chips, panko, salt and cayenne in a large resealable plastic bag.
4. Coat 1/4 of the beans in the prepare batter.
5. Transfer to the bag and shake until well coated; repeat with remaining beans.
6. Fry beans in hot oil for 1-2 minutes, or until golden.
7. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, season with salt and serve with guacamole dip.
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by jend (It's on recipezaar.c...)
Thanks Jennd, but it was Greek beans. From what I remember of the recipe, it was Cannellini beans with some tomatoes and topped with bread crumbs.

Thanks again!
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by hippolta (Thanks Jennd, but it...)
I'm sorry hippolta. I don't have that issue, but I know someone on here does. Now that this is back to the top, someone with the issue will see that this wasn't the recipe you were looking for. I'm pretty sure someone will post the correct one for you. Check back tomorrow.

BTW, if I have not done so already, I'd like to welcome you to the forum! I hope you will find other interesting things on the site to comment on!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.