Dinner - T.G.I.F. July 31st
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to?

Since the veggies are looking so good and coming in fast now, I think we'll have a veggie pizza. And Roy picked up a couple of peaches the other day, so will have sliced peaches for dessert.....oh crap, wish I had some cream cheese ice cream. Well, my easy dinner just went out the window, I think. Peachie cream cheese ice cream just sounds wonderful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - T.G.I.F. July 31st by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
I'm taking a road trip with a girlfriend furniture shopping. She just bought a house and is looking for practically all new furniture. I'm going to help her spend her money! I'll be going to Kewanee (isn't that where you used to live, Jean) to Good's Furniture. We'll stay tonight at my parents near there and plan to spend all day Saturday shopping.
  Re: Re: Dinner - T.G.I.F. July 31st by HomeCulinarian (I'm taking a road tr...)
Well, with shrimp and crab on the way, I'm fixing some of our favorites...the cheesy Crab Dip that I shared a while back with Old Bay, Cuban Bread, Shrimp and Grits (a Paula Dean recipe with a creamy, ham flavored sauce that is DIVINE!), and probably a spinach salad with pine nut dressing...or maybe the Insalata Blu...if I can find a copy of the recipe in my printed files.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner - T.G.I.F. July 31st by Gourmet_Mom (Well, with shrimp an...)
Oh Jeanette!! We bought all our new furniture at Good's!! Glad to hear it's still around. It was the nicest furniture store for miles and miles in the 80s.

Daphne, I think that shrimp and grits (Paula Dean's) is the one I made for the last party on the hill that Tracie, Billy and all of us just loved!! I sent the leftovers home with them and Roy was furious when he realized it.

Pine nut dressing....?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - T.G.I.F. July 31st by cjs (Oh Jeanette!! We bou...)
Check your messages...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner - T.G.I.F. July 31st by Gourmet_Mom (Check your messages....)
wow, what a treasure trove.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - T.G.I.F. July 31st by cjs (wow, what a treasure...)
We are making chicken breasts stuffed with fontina, marinated artichokes, sun dried tomatoes/ SDT pesto. We threw together a fresh squash casserole a few days ago (turned out to be delicious--how could it fail, everything in it was delicious)---will be our leftover side. I tell Jane we have the best leftovers in 7 counties.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner - T.G.I.F. July 31st by Old Bay (We are making chicke...)
I made a chicken fettuccine recipe from Cooking Light, with steamed broccoli. It was okay, but sure wasn't as good as the real thing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."