Green Salad Dressings
  Re: (...)
HELP!! I'm so bored with my salad dressings!! Help me out with some of your favorites, please!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Green Salad Dressings by cjs ( [i]HELP!![/i] I'm s...)
When you said green salad dressings it immediately brought to mind an old family favorite. We've used this dressing for years and I recently just pulled it out of the good old recipe box this summer.

You can make the dressing as it is and add the vinegar if you feel it needs it. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, whatever the mood strikes. I just love this on a mixed green salad with baby spinach, radishes, red onion, mushrooms, or whatever happens to come out of the garden that afternoon.

Green Goddess House Dressing

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2 T chopped fresh chives
2 T chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 T anchovy paste
1/4 t salt
1/4 - 1/8 t freshly cracked black peppercorns

Combine all ingredients and pulse in a food processor or blender until well mixed. Add whole milk or cream if you prefer a thinner dressing. You can also add 1-2 T of white wine vinegar if you prefer a more tangy dressing. Chill dressing at least 1 hour prior to serving, but best if made a day ahead.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Green Salad Dressings by cjs ( [i]HELP!![/i] I'm s...)
Quote:

HELP!! I'm so bored with my salad dressings!! Help me out with some of your favorites, please!

I will never tire of Larry's Italian dressing, but here is another that is very old and different--you can tell from the recipe!! It is from the Cloister Hotel in Sea Island , Ga.

CLOISTER DRESSING
8 eggs warmed in a sink of hot water
1 onion chopped
1 small can anchovies, minced or ground
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c cider vinegar
2 c cottenseed (or other) oil
juice of one lemon
1 t white pepper
1 soupspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 t dry mustard
salt to taste

Break eggs ito a mixing bowl--beat with an electic mixer for 5 min on speed 1. Gradually add half the oil to the bowl along with the vegis,anchovies and dry seasonings, mixing well as you add them. Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, and W sauce together and add slowly to the bowl, mixing on low as you add. Add the remaining oil slowly, mixing on low as you add. Mix at speed 1 for 10 min. Keeps sealed in the fridge for weeks. Shake or stir before serving!! Happy eating you all!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Green Salad Dressings by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
these are lookin' good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Green Salad Dressings by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

CLOISTER DRESSING
1 onion chopped
1 small can anchovies, minced or ground
1 clove garlic, minced

Hmmmm... onion, garlic and anchovies... no wonder it's cloistered - that, or you'll be after you have it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Green Salad Dressings by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I was going over my dressings in my mind, trying to decide which ones to post, when I remembered I can't post ANYTHING right now! I'm hoping to have part of the computer situation taken care of by tonight....*crossing fingers the whole backup idea works*
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Green Salad Dressings by Gourmet_Mom (I was going over my ...)
well, for crying out loud, Daphne, I was depending on you for an idea also!

Guess what is in my ice cream maker right this minute.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Green Salad Dressings by cjs (well, for crying out...)
***blowing raspberries*****

I'm saving that for tomorrow...I'll have to poll the gang on flavor. Since I'm betting they'll pick peach, I'm thinking of making something chocolaty for tonight. Although, with all that rich food for dinner, I probably ought to skip dessert tonight...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.