Saturday's Dinner - AUGUST 1ST!!!!
  Re: (...)
Wow, this year is just flying by! What is everyone cooking up for tonight?

I thought we were just going to attend Harbinger Winery's Club Member BBQ, but long story short - Ed, who works at the winery and is a wonderful New Orleans-style cook and usually does an entire event, had surgery just lately and will only be able to handle the meat part. So two of us will add side dishes to help out with the work. I'm taking potato salad, don't know what the other caterer is bringing.

Should be fun, Ed does some good Southern cooking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner - AUGUST 1ST!!!! by cjs (Wow, this year is ju...)
Sounds good to me...Louisiana, huh! I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Today is a busy day! After a hair appointment, I'm taking off for the city for a shopping spree at Sam's Club! I have my lists for there and the Asian market. I've told the boys that they may have to fend for themselves tonight for dinner....depending on how long my money holds out...LOL! I did have extra shrimp that I boiled up last night...Shrimp and Grits and Crab Dip was oooohhhh so YUMMY! If I was a good wife and mother, I would make up the shrimp salad before I leave. But I'm afraid...no, I KNOW...they will eat it all. So they'll just have to get over it. I've hidden them in the back of the fridge...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - AUGUST 1ST!!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good to me......)
I think I'm going to make the Gyro Chopped Salad with creamy tzatziki dressing from one of the Weeknight books.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - AUGUST 1ST!!!! by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
I'm doing marinated skirt steak on the grill, roasted cauliflower and thick sliced fried potatoes. I was going to do the cuban bread but it's so darn hot I just can't turn on the oven right now.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - AUGUST 1ST!!!! by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
We're doing grilled strip steaks, baked potato, and a green salad!! Easy! I'll find a friendly cab.

P.S. We ended up having a Walla Walla Malbec--beautiful!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - AUGUST 1ST!!!! by Old Bay (We're doing grilled ...)
Hubby requested the Florentine-style strip steaks from the Tonight Grilling book. Onion rings not included. I'm planking sweet potatoes for the grill and some broccoli. It's been raining here, and cool for this time of year.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - AUGUST 1ST!!!! by HomeCulinarian (Hubby requested the ...)
Complete change of plans. Husband bought some wild salmon to grill and I'm making a thai red curry sauce for it. I'm almost positive I made this Epicurious.com recipe a decade ago and loved it.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - AUGUST 1ST!!!! by Trixxee (Complete change of p...)
As I suspected, I was late...8-ish. So the boys went for Calabash-style fried seafood at the local place...I'm having wine. (self-medicating) I had a late lunch...sooooo!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.