Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4???
  Re: (...)
Not sure yet - will wait to hear what you all are doing. I did get the last weeknight menu book out to look thru.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by cjs (Not sure yet - will ...)
C@H Turkey tortilla soup! Oh my, is this tasty stuff!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by Mare749 ([url=mailto:C@H]C@H[...)
We have a friend whose mother died Sunday, so I'm doing a double recipe of the Pork Mushroom Marsala with Buttery Noodles and salad. I'll take that over this evening. I'm also making some of the Ranch dip stuff he loves so much for tomorrow. I'm not sure what kind of lunch thing I'll do...funeral is at 10. I'm thinking of making the Cobb Pasta Salad, so I can make everything today and not have to worry about anything tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by cjs (Not sure yet - will ...)
Well, tonight is just a lasagna. But last night we had the balsamic pork tenderloin with lemon-honey sauce from Cusine for Two Vol II, and Green Beans with mushrooms and bacon from C@H Smartcarb book.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by esgunn (Well, tonight is jus...)
Finally decided - Shrimp Etouffee with tomato rice from Weeknight Menu #3 (? latest one)

Steak thawing out for tomorrow night's dinner, so maybe I'll do Denise's early...but, I guess there is no reason we can't have steak twice this month
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by cjs (Finally decided - Sh...)
Jean, make that crawfish, instead of shrimp, and I'll be right over!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by labradors (Jean, make that craw...)
how I wish I could - no crawfish in the freezer, darn.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by cjs (how I wish I could -...)
Well I found in the back back back recesses of Marvin (my father in law) kitchen 2 old battered and worn recipe boxes. I got the chills and then tenatively reached out...please don't let them be empty as the other 3 I found were.

As I picked one up it had weight to it....slowly open the lid and there inside were a whole bunch of recipes cut out of magazines (some dating back to the 1940's and practically falling apart). Darn...good find but not the treasure I wanted. Then I pick up the second one and peer inside---EUREKA! I have found the mother lode!

My FIL has been hankering for spaghetti and while he likes mine he always comments on how Marcella did hers. Well tonight is the night. He doesn't know it, but when Derek brings him over we are having Marcella's meat sauce and her vegetable salad (a recipe I found in that box that I have been looking for, for 7 years!).

I am so excited!!
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by DFen911 (Well I found in the ...)
Denise, if that sauce turns out to be your new favorite, would you post it for the rest of us?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans, Tuesday, 8/4??? by Mare749 (Denise, if that sauc...)
Oh Denise, you know we want copies of everything that is food stained, wrinkled, and well-used!!!! How fun to go thru those. I had five family boxes to go thru for Journey...Home and what a ball that is!
www.achefsjourney.com