Beef recall: Arizona, California, Colorado, Utah
  Re: (...)
Here's the article with the details:

Quote:

At Least 27 People Ill From California Ground Beef
Associated Press
Friday, August 07, 2009

VISALIA, Calif. — Health officials in three states say at least 27 people have reported illnesses tied to recalled ground beef that may be tainted with salmonella.

On Thursday, Fresno-based Beef Packers Inc. recalled 825,769 pounds of ground beef produced June 5-23.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service says the beef was sent to retail distribution centers in Arizona, California, Colorado and Utah.

The department said Friday that California, Colorado and Wyoming have reported illness that may be linked to the recall.

Colorado health officials say 21 people there have been sickened. All are recovering. California officials say five people have reported feeling sick. The total number of people ill in Wyoming is unclear.

The beef was repackaged and sold under different retail brand names, so customers are being urged to check with their local store to determine if they bought any of the beef.

A separate recall last month involved beef tied to the hospitalization of 12 people in a possible E. coli outbreak. That meat was produced in Colorado.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Beef recall: Arizona, California, Colorado, Utah by labradors (Here's the article w...)
I never buy pre packaged ground meat--I either grind my own or buy that done at my butchers. That is pretty safe.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Beef recall: Arizona, California, Colorado, Utah by Old Bay (I never buy pre pack...)
I am going to assume that the risk is someone who bought the beef on the dates listed and it may be sitting in their freezer. Cause anyone with beef that old in the fridge would surely know it by now.

I'm with Bill...I usually wait till London broil is on sale and grind it up for my burger meat.