The lost summer
  Re: (...)
Hi friends, I'm back, - sort of. After losing most of June and half of July to shingles, we went on vacation for two weeks - Santa Fe, Seattle, and Vancouver. Unfortunately, we hit a heat wave in all three cities. We usually love to walk any city - we feel we get a really good feel for the place by browsing around through all the stores. But, it was just too hot - 103 in Seattle, and 96 in Vancouver and the cities just felt like blast furnaces.

Next week, we'll be on the grandchildren tour which may last into September, so I don't know when I'll be able to post again. Anyway, I miss learning things from you folks and I'll be back when I can. Ciao.
  Re: The lost summer by lxxf (Hi friends, I'm back...)
Well, darn - wish you'd have let us know you were going to be in Seattle, Erin and I could have made you forget the weather around here for a little while!!! That would have been fun.

Safe trip for the next round of visits for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The lost summer by cjs (Well, darn - wish yo...)
Bummer about the shingles and the weather! It's been one of those summers. Mercifully, it has been very mild here, but we're in for our heat wave next week. Here's hoping it doesn't last too long! Hopefully, the "grand" tour will be a little cooler so you can get outside with the kids. Safe travelling!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The lost summer by Gourmet_Mom (Bummer about the shi...)
I know what you mean about the heat Erin. We had almost 2 weeks of 100+ temperatures, the highest at 108°. It has been mercifully cool the last few days...mid 70's with night temps down to 58°. Enjoy your Grandchildren tour.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: The lost summer by cjs (Well, darn - wish yo...)
I thought about letting you know about our visit, but I'm so far from my normal self, that I really would rather wait until I'm well to see people. We love Seattle, we'll be back.

Sally
  Re: Re: The lost summer by lxxf (I thought about lett...)
Even if it's just a quick "Hello," it is good to hear from you again. Enjoy your "tour."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: The lost summer by labradors (Even if it's just a ...)
Sally, it's so nice to see you on the forum again. I'm sorry you are still not quite yourself after having shingles. I've heard that the after-effects can last for a while. Will keep you in my prayers that you will be feeling more like your old self very soon. Please join us when you can and have a wonderful time visiting the grandkids.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."