Sunday Dinner - Aug. 9th?
  Re: (...)
We are continuing our fresh corn adventure! Tonight we're having a recipe from Grilling book #3 - Huli Huli pork with pineapple & peppers (page 35). The side suggested is a Mai Tai cocktail, but forgot to run and get dark rum yesterday, so may try it with the rums we have.... Also, having Fresh Corn Salad, here's the recipe. I'm going to try to stay true to the recipe (for the first time anyway, but it sure is calling for black beans also )

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fresh Corn Salad - try soon

6 ears corn OR 16 oz. pkg. frozen corn -- thawed and drained
1 green or red bell pepper -- chopped
1 bunch green onions -- sliced
2 tomatoes -- seeded and chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves -- chopped
2 Tbsp. garlic vinegar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Husk corn and remove silk. In a large pot of boiling SUGARED water, cook corn for 1-2 minutes. Really, this short amount of time is perfect - you just want to heat the kernels. Place the corn in a bowl of ice water and let stand 3-4 minutes.

Cut the corn off the cob using a sharp knife. Combine in a large bowl with green pepper, onions, and tomatoes.

In a small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, garlic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pour over corn mixture and toss gently to coat. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving. 6 servings

Description:
"You can substitute frozen corn for the fresh corn if you like. Don't cook it - just thaw and drain well before using in the salad."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 9th? by cjs (We are continuing ou...)
I am making a smoked salmon and bowtie pasta dish - I think it's from the third Weeknight menu. Looks really good in the picture.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 9th? by Trixxee (I am making a smoked...)
We're all eating mush food. Laura had all 4 of her wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. Her 2 bottom ones were so impacted they had to chisel into her jaw. She did really well thru the proceedure and slept all day on Friday and a lot yesterday.

Today she woke up throwing up Poor thing can barely open her mouth and her body makes her throw up...how unfair is that?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 9th? by DFen911 (We're all eating mus...)
Breakfast for dinner tonight! The hubby loves his bacon bacon bacon onion bacon cheese bacon omletes!

With a side of bacon, of course.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 9th? by BarbaraS (Breakfast for dinner...)
Oh you guys, this corn salad is to kill for!!! More tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 9th? by cjs (Oh you guys, this co...)
Burgers and fries here. We had a heavy lunch before going to see Julie& Julia!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 9th? by Gourmet_Mom (Burgers and fries he...)
We made a Williams-Sonoma recipe, lemongrass chicken with asparagus. Finally able to harvest some tomatoes out of the garden. It's been so cool here up until this weekend that we haven't had any ripe ones until now. Added a green salad with some of the 'maters.