Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure calls
  Re: (...)
July 31st Bob got laid off. His company lost a large portion of their biggest contract and they let him go. His daughter and ex arrived on Saturday so we were occupied with "stuff" to do.

Monday he filled out all his stuff - took his retirement, filed for his unemployment and sent off for our COBRA (thanks to OBama the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act the cost of that was cut 60% - close to a 1000.00 per month nut for the both of us to a bit over 300 - medical, dental, and vision!).

Now that "the girls" are back in Florida we're going to start getting serious about dumping junk and packing up our world again. Luckily the landlord is willing to let us out of our lease early (and as a back up he has another house lined up for us just in case North Dakota doesn't work out).

I'll try to get on as I can - but it's going to be a bit crazy around here for a while. But hey, you still have to eat!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure calls by Harborwitch (July 31st Bob got la...)
I hope you find your dreams wherever you land. Remember, I love you!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure calls by bjcotton (I hope you find your...)
I know that Sweetie! We've got time for a visit before we head out!
  Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure calls by Harborwitch (July 31st Bob got la...)
Sharon, I am so sorry about Bob's job, but how exciting. A new adventure! Good Luck. And update us on how the visit went with the "girls".
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure calls by Harborwitch (I know that Sweetie!...)
They say it's a recession when you have friends out of work--I now declare it a recession! Texas is in pretty good shape--hot and dry, but there are jobs down here--good luck!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure calls by Old Bay (They say it's a rece...)
Quote:

They say it's a recession when you have friends out of work--

This is the way someone else said it in an email I received recently:

[Image: tshirtr.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure calls by Old Bay (They say it's a rece...)
Bob says he's "retired" not out of work. He's looking so forward to doing anything but what he's been doing for the last umpteen years - fixing computers and printers, dealing with person end-users, all in between driving all over the freaking place on roads crammed with even worse idiots.
  Re: Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure c by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sharon, I can soooo relate. My husband lost his job several months ago but fortunately found another before unemployment ran out. It is a very stressful time, be good to eachother. Keep us posted, cuz you know we will worry.

Rob, I love it! Great T-shirt.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure c by chef_Tab (Sharon, I can soooo ...)
I'm so sorry Bob lost his job, Sharon. It's great that you both have such a good attitude about this being a new adventure in your lives. You know with both of your talents, you will do just fine. And how exciting, to be picking up and going to a new place. Best of luck with all of your plans. Keep us posted, we miss you when you aren't around.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wellllllllllllll. . . . . .the new adventure c by Mare749 (I'm so sorry Bob los...)
Sharon...wow here you were just recently talking about ND and look how things worked out. I think it's crap Bob lost his job..this whole state is in a nosedive

But look at you focusing on the bright side! I can't wait to see what the future brings to you both.