Dinner, Thursday 8/13
  Re: (...)
We're going Salmon fishing today, so don't know what we'll come home with - so have no idea whether we'll have fish or soup.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Thursday 8/13 by cjs (We're going Salmon f...)
I'm thinking about the new Chicken Parmesan.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
My New York Times bread is in the oven and I have one cooked sirloin steak in the freezer. It's going to be used as Philly cheesesteaks with provalone cheese onions and peppers. Salad on the side.
...of all the things to cherish most in 'this' life, it's the love of a little one...
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 8/13 by WannaBeTVChef (My New York Times br...)
"New York Times bread"?

All the bread that's fit to toast?

A book review with every slice?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 8/13 by labradors ("New York Times brea...)
Quote:

"New York Times bread"?

All the bread that's fit to toast?

A book review with every slice?

We just had plain old hamburgers on the grill and tator tots. Also had some wonderful grilled zucchini and summer squash.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 8/13 by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Made the Mojito Scallops with mango salsa and rum-runner sweet potatoes for dinner from the latest weeknights book. Marked it very good, which is probably an 8 around this forum. My mango was under ripe. But other than that it was great. College boy was home for dinner (he had a build up of laundry. Good thing he learned how to wash his own clothes in grade school.) Also, not sure if it was College boy or teenage daughter, but our rum bottle was nearly empty! Had to buy another... thinking that we'll be locking up the liquor cabinet more often. Anyway, he thought it was really good. I had gotten some sea scallops at Sam's that were good and grilled up nicely. The rum-runner sweet potatoes were great! Not sure what else they'd go with, though.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 8/13 by HomeCulinarian (Made the Mojito Scal...)
Quote:

Also, not sure if it was College boy or teenage daughter, but our rum bottle was nearly empty! Had to buy another... thinking that we'll be locking up the liquor cabinet more often.

Welcome to my world!

The parm was excellent!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean, I hope you had a fantastic time salmon fishing and you have just gorged yourself into not posting. All those thunderstorms yesterday has me worring a little about you...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 8/13 by esgunn (Jean, I hope you ha...)
We heard about the thunderstorms, but had great weather. We drove out to Seiku (for those not familiar with the west coast, that's about 20 miles from the Pacific on the Straits) Thursday afternoon, stayed the night and the guys took a charter out early Fri. a.m. The resort folks said it was the busiest few days they had had in ages. Boats everywhere. Great time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com