Sorry I haven't been around
  Re: (...)
If it's not one thing it's another. My semi-new meds cause stomach pains and I figured I'd had enough of that. So I called my Dr. and told him I wasn't taking it anymore until my stomach pain stopped. Well, it finally stopped yesterday (Friday) which means I'd been off it a week. On top of that I was having pancreatitis attacks & my spine/hips were out of alignment. Took 5 trips to the Chiropractor to fix that...got it fixed Friday too. While I was at the Chiro's office I became nauseated and had to run to the bathroom. He adjusted me and when I left I stopped at a fruit stand and bought some green grapes (all this happened around noon). After I got to my sis' house, I ate a few more grapes and then took a nap. I woke up when she got home at 4:30 PM, only to discover that my tongue had swollen and filled my whole mouth. Off to the emergency room. Hours later after various medications I was allowed to go home. The diagnosis was that I had had an allergic reaction to the insecticide (The grapes were from South America). They reminded me at the hospital to ALWAYS was any fruit or vegetables before eating them. So far today (Saturday) has been okay.

All this has been going on for about 3 months, so being without pain today was absolutely wonderful.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Sorry I haven't been around by bjcotton (If it's not one thin...)
Billy, you don't deserve all this--hang in there--this too will pass my friend. In the meantime don't eat any chili!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sorry I haven't been around by Old Bay (Billy, you don't des...)
Dang Billy I hate hearing of all that you're going thru
  Re: Re: Sorry I haven't been around by DFen911 (Dang Billy I hate he...)
Glad you're feeling better now, Billy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sorry I haven't been around by cjs (Glad you're feeling ...)
That's a bummer of an Odyssey! Always wash your fruit! The rest of the problems are a little more complicated and I pray you're back to your spry self soon. Like Old Bay said, avoid the chili for awhile.
  Re: Re: Sorry I haven't been around by HomeCulinarian (That's a bummer of a...)
Good grief! If it's not one thing, it's another. Hope you're back on track soon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sorry I haven't been around by labradors (Good grief! If it's...)
Wow, you sure have had one crummy summer so far. We've missed you and all the fun topics that you contribute to. Hope now that you are feeling better, you will join in again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sorry I haven't been around by Mare749 (Wow, you sure have h...)
Thank you for your good wishes. As long as I can make it through today canning pickled beets I will count myself lucky.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sorry I haven't been around by bjcotton (Thank you for your g...)
Oh god Billy! I hope you're feeling better.
  Re: Re: Sorry I haven't been around by Trixxee (Oh god Billy! I hop...)
I noticed your absence and figured that, since I haven't been around regularly, you had gone on vacation or something. I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this crap. Keep feeling well, now!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com