Ooops - Forgot - 8/18 Dinner?
  Re: (...)
I'm marinating a half chicken, will drain and rub it/leave for couple of hours and then smoke for 3 hours. I'll put it on the grill with some sauce just before dinner.

Also, a BLT salad - I love this - homemade bacon and home grown tomatoes and 18 hour bread. Mother Earth raised her wobbly ole head again!

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ooops - Forgot - 8/18 Dinner? by cjs (I'm marinating a hal...)
Well, last minute dinner plans have evolved into grilled italian sausage sandwiches with peppers and onions, with baked french fries. Tomorrow will be a big baking day for me, as we have a surprise party this coming weekend.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ooops - Forgot - 8/18 Dinner? by Mare749 (Well, last minute di...)
What's your menu for the party, Maryann?

Sausage sancwiches sound so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ooops - Forgot - 8/18 Dinner? by cjs (What's your menu for...)
Leftovers here. Made white enchillada's with a salad with cilantro pepita dressing.
  Re: Re: Ooops - Forgot - 8/18 Dinner? by DFen911 (Leftovers here. Made...)
My mother-in-law planned the food, and assigned each of us something to bring. My job is to make a crockpot full of baked beans, and also a tray of cookies. I think she decided to have rotisseried chickens and ribs. My daughters are bringing a potato dish and some kind of salad, and I don't really know what my sisters-in-law are making.

My granddaughter Katie, who is 6 now, is coming over tomorrow to bake the cookies with me. She loves everything to do with the kitchen and loves to help. We will make pizzelles, biscotti, rasberry thumbprints, and chocolate brownies. Katie has a fascination with bread baking already, so we will probably make some Cuban bread and she can take one home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ooops - Forgot - 8/18 Dinner? by Mare749 (My mother-in-law pla...)
Oh Maryann, I cannot even think of baking in this weather! Hopefully, you have an air conditioned house...

I used a vegetable peeler to make zucchini "ribbons", then sauteed them with garlic and tomatoes, and then stirred in pesto to make an all-veggie "pasta" dish. That, along with the zucchini pancakes for lunch, cleared the plethora of zucchini which I had in the refrigerator. Until tomorrow...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com