Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23?
  Re: (...)
Well, funerals and memorials are behind us for a while (please God!!), so we are celebrating a relaxing morning with a champagne brunch. Real fine dining it will be too. Love the idea of topping corn tortillas with refried beans and cheese and grilling them, that's what I'm doing and topping it with our regular taco filling (lettuce, cheese, onions and olives - maybe a little spicy sausage).

Dinner? don't know yet - something grilled and I have a couple of small pkgs. of homemade raviolis and marinara in the freezer.....

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by cjs (Well, funerals and m...)
Leaving shortly to go back to the inlaws for a final visit with relatives who are going back home. The surprise birthday party for my father-in-law was a complete success. He actually looked surprised even though we were all convinced that he knew something was going on.

We had tons of food leftover, so we will heat everything up and have another meal with family before the out-of-towners have to leave. We have tables, chairs, and canopies to take down and will help with clean-up. So, for most of today, we will just be eating the leftovers from the party.

I'll try to post pictures later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by Mare749 (Leaving shortly to g...)
"I'll try to post pictures later." oh good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by cjs (Well, funerals and m...)
We may have a possible move in our future, so I think today after I get the vacuuming done and bathrooms cleaned I am going to sort through the freezer and see what needs to be consumed. So, I don't know yet.

I hate having our life hanging up in the air. It has been hanging there for two weeks now, and I don't know when we will get an answer of where we are going/or staying and when...Ugh.

I have all these tomatoes ripening and feel like I can't can or freeze anything - not to mention the 20 bags of frozen raspberries.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by esgunn (We may have a possib...)
Oh Erin, what a God-awful position to be in!!! I don't want you to move until we get over to Federal Way - well, maybe this will push us a little more!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by cjs (Oh Erin, what a God-...)
We had brioche french toast for breakfast/brunch, and my husband is making a big batch of meatballs and sauce so it's spaghetti tonight. I haven't had spaghetti in months.

And I'll be looking forward to meatball subs one night soon too.
  Re: Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by cjs (Oh Erin, what a God-...)
We had left over chicken salad and some frozen red bell pepper soup. We made some cream of brie soup and drizzled it into the hot red bell pepper soup and served with chicken salad on garlic pita chips A good sauvignon blanc (Monkey Bay) went well.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by Trixxee (We had brioche frenc...)
Well, I found an old LCBO recipe for ribs, so they are braising now and will grill later.

meatball subs - sounds so good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by cjs (Well, I found an old...)
I don't know yet... This weekend was the worship service for the summer trip we took to Appalachia. We have a luncheon for our supporters after the last Sunday service and we made pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, coleslaw, and fresh fruit trays and store bought cookies. Also helped plan and attended all four services and ran herd on the volunteers. They are really great kids and adult leaders, so it's a fun time. Everything was just fine. It's that I'm pretty tired and can't concentrate on tonight's dinner.
  Re: Re: Brunch & Dinner - Sunday 8/23? by HomeCulinarian (I don't know yet... ...)
Well, there was an art exhibit and wine tasting at the Tug Vineyard yesterday. We tasted and loved a raspberry spumante, so we bought a bottle. This morning for brunch, I made the baked eggs with mushrooms and spinach cream sauce from the LCBO website, and served the spumante with it. Just wonderful!
Cis
Empress for Life