Family reunion/75th birthday party
  Re: (...)
This past Saturday was a combination family reunion/75th birthday party for my father-in-law. Four of his five brothers and their wives came in from Pa. and Ron’s sisters and their families were all able to come in from NY. As is always the case, we had tons of food, but it works out well because everyone comes back for lunch on Sunday before going home and we pack care packages for all the travelers.

This party has been in the works for about a month now and it’s amazing to all of us that Ron Sr. actually looked surprised. If he did suspect anything, he certainly wasn’t expecting his brothers to be there. Of course, they all had funny gag gifts and stories to tell, so it was a great time. My daughter and her husband made a DVD with old photos that was a big hit, and another one with pictures from all of the former reunions we have had over the years, mostly in Pa. since these relatives rarely leave the state. A nephew, did a pencil drawing of Ron Sr. from a photo, and my sister-in-law did a family tree. We all played a trivia game, guessing prices of products from 1934. Some played pool in the basement, others played bocce ball and corn-hole, and the little ones had their own games.

I can’t believe that we forgot to take a picture of all the food. Those of us who are local all brought food, but my mother-in-law still went overboard as usual. This is what was on the buffet table: ham, rotisseried chicken, BBQ beef, cocktail meatballs, lasagna, a potato casserole, pasta salad, potato salad, a huge lettuce salad, baked beans, vegetable pizza, rice and broccoli casserole, assorted bread and rolls, a birthday cake, cupcakes for all the little kids, a tray of cookies, and three coolers with beverages.

Here are a couple of pictures of our family. The first one is of my in-laws, (in the middle) with the brothers and wives. The second one is just the immediate family. Ron and I are sitting on the left side of the couch holding Abby, and my daughters and their families are on the floor in front of us.

[Image: IMG_1550.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1558.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Family reunion/75th birthday party by Mare749 (This past Saturday w...)
great pictures - sounds like a great family get-together too! Naturally a feast was offered.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Family reunion/75th birthday party by cjs (great pictures - sou...)
How fun! And you all look as though you're having a good time being together. A memorable birthday for your FIL, to be sure (with all of that wonderful food, too!).
  Re: Re: Family reunion/75th birthday party by foodfiend (How fun! And you al...)
What a wonderful time and the memories you've created for your grandchildren. Congratulations on a successful BD party!
  Re: Re: Family reunion/75th birthday party by HomeCulinarian (What a wonderful tim...)
Great pics! Thanks for sharing....sounds like everyone ate well!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.