question about a halibut / indian recipe
  Re: (...)
hi everyone. this might be a shot in the dark, but a couple years ago i made this amazing halibut recipe from the magazine, it was some kind of vegetable indian curry with potatoes and i think apples in it, with halibut served on top. so now i really want to make it again, but i can't find my magazine anywhere and i don't really remember the recipe. is this ringing any bells, does anyone have any recollection of this recipe at all?
  Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe by carolynmittens (hi everyone. this m...)
Welcome, Carolyn... I don't remember the specific recipe, but here is a list of the halibut items from the CAH index. Does one of them ring a bell for you? If not, it could be in one of the cookbooks. Those recipes are not in the CAH index.

halibut
& Spanish shrimp sauce, 55:13
alla diavola, 61:36
cilantro pesto, 69:13
grilled packets, 75:13
mint tea-glazed, 64:19
pan-seared, 16:32
Parmesan-crusted, 72:31
slow-poached, 63:41
  Re: Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe by HomeCulinarian (Welcome, Carolyn... ...)
Welcome to the forum, Carolyn!

If it was a curry with potatoes, it may have been a vindaloo, but I don't see that in any of the info I have. Then again, I don't have access to as much as some of the other users.

Don't worry. If it really was in Cuisine at some point, then someone here will eventually find it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Welcome Carolyn - I looked through my magazines and can't find what you may be looking for.

This is so frustrating when you loose a favorite!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe by cjs (Welcome Carolyn - I ...)
Welcome Carolyn. Hope you find the recipe you are looking for. It sounds good and I'm sure many of us would like to try it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe by Mare749 (Welcome Carolyn. Ho...)
Hey girl--welcome--I've got two dozen halibut recipes recorded from Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Saveur, Food and Wine, Fine Cooking, Cuisine, and some misc. ones. I can't find a thing. Sorry--but I am glad to have you aboard--be sure and come back now.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe by Old Bay (Hey girl--welcome--I...)
thanks everyone, i never was able to find this recipe BUT i totally improvised and the meal came out phenomenal!!!!! basically i sauteed up all these ingredients:

1 onion
3 carrots
1 yellow bell pepper
several small yukon gold potatoes
half a medium sweet potato
handful of frozen peas
handful of fresh spinach
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
3-4 TBL grated ginger
2 TBL mild yellow curry powder
1 TBL smoked paprika
1 TBL hungarian paprika
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
then added:
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup Patak's Jalfrezi Curry - Sweet & Spicy Peppers and Coconut

served over brown rice and topped with pan-seared halibut. holy crap it was good!
  Re: Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe by carolynmittens (thanks everyone, i n...)
nice going!! Who needs a recipe!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe by carolynmittens (hi everyone. this m...)
Hi, I think the recipe you are looking for is Fish Curry with Potatoes and Peas. It's in the Weeknight Menus, Vol. 2 cookbook, which we published Aug. 2007. If you need the recipe, customer service can provide you with a copy. Call them at 1-866-553-7514 or 1-866-553-7514 M-F from 8-5 Central time.