Question about Bbq chicken
  Re: (...)
Hi,

I need to make bbq chicken for about 25 with a very very limited grill space. I was thinking of pre baking the chicken and than just fininshing them on the grill so I can speed up the process of actually having a cooked chicken. Do you think it will work? Any tips on temp of the oven and for how long?

Thank you
  Re: Question about Bbq chicken by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]I need to...)
This method works great for parties!! I just rub the pieces with olive oil, s & p and put on b. sheet in a 350-375 F. oven for maybe 30-35 minutes - turning once or twice.

Chill for up to 2 days and then just put on a med. grill and baste with sauce until heated thru.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question about Bbq chicken by cjs (This method works gr...)
GREAT...thats what i was hoping for. Just could not imagine grilling 100 drumsticks on a tiny little bbq grill.

WHEWWWWWWWWWWW.. Thank you, thank you
  Re: Re: Question about Bbq chicken by piano226 (GREAT...thats what i...)
That has become my prefered method - that way I am less likely to burn anything!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Question about Bbq chicken by esgunn (That has become my p...)
My Dad had an interesting way of doing this. He would grill the chicken until almost done, then make bags out of heavy-duty foil (I believe that these are available premade now), dump in the chicken and lots of sauce, place on the grill, and cook over a lower heat level for an hour or two, turning the bags carefully every 20 minutes of so.

This method cooked the sauce down until it was very thick, and permeated the chicken pieces as well.

Great, now I'm hungry...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com