Chef Tab/Theresa??
  Re: (...)
It's been three months since the news of her impending move to PA - anyone heard from her lately?? Maybe the house sold and she's on her way. Miss seeing her around here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chef Tab/Theresa?? by cjs (It's been three mont...)
No, not a word, but sure hope we see her soon. I miss her too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chef Tab/Theresa?? by Mare749 (No, not a word, but ...)
Same here...I may be busy with the first week of school and not on as much as I'd like, but I sure do notice when someone is missing. Hopefully, she's busy setting up housekeeping and will be back on soon. She did have a deadline for when she was leaving, whether the house sold or not. I think it was this week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chef Tab/Theresa?? by Gourmet_Mom (Same here...I may be...)
Sorry everyone, it has just been a panic. I don't think it has been 3 months tho, Jean! The house has been on the market for a bit over a month now. No offers. boohoo. I missed hubby so much that I did move to PA to be with him. I left Kansas City on Saturday morning, stopped overnight in Columbus,OH, and then arrived in State College,PA on Sunday afternoon. I travelled with my 4 cats and that was traumatic and painful for all of us. I am bloodied and my back is very sore. They are still adjusting. To make the situation a bit more stressful, my older daughter, who is now unemployed and homeless, left her two cats with my husband so now we have 6 cats in the tiniest apartment I have ever lived in.
The apartment itself rates an 11 out of 10 on the ickyness scale. I think a bunch of frat boys lived here before us. Gross barely scratches the surface. I have been scrubbing and disinfecting since I arrived, my back is killing me! But I am so happy to have dinner with my sweetie and wake up to his loving face every day.
I have been checking in here and there and should be a bit more vocal by next week. Some happy news is that my younger daughter just told us we will be grandparents in early April! Too bad she still lives in Missouri. What a time to have to move.
Thanks for worrying about me. I love you all and miss being in the thick of things.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Chef Tab/Theresa?? by chef_Tab (Sorry everyone, it h...)
Congrats Theresa!!! On reuniting and grandma status!!!!! Hang in there!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chef Tab/Theresa?? by chef_Tab (Sorry everyone, it h...)
"Why do bad things happen to good people?" Because you not only have 6 cats and a terrible apt., an unsold house, and a bad back---you have your husband and are about to be a grandmother (good things happen to good people too). Hang in there. Og Mandino said "This to shall pass".
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Chef Tab/Theresa?? by Old Bay ("Why do bad things h...)
Good to hear from you Tab ... Even if your world isn't exactly rosy, yucky student housing and a herd of cats, but you got your guy with you and a new precious grandbaby on the way. Check and post when you can.
  Re: Re: Chef Tab/Theresa?? by HomeCulinarian (Good to hear from yo...)
Oh, Theresa, hope you quickly get to a place where you can laugh about all this...stay calm! Congratulations on the grandbaby!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chef Tab/Theresa?? by cjs (Oh, Theresa, hope yo...)
I hope everything settles down for you soon, Theresa.