An update on Mom
  Re: (...)
Last Thursday was a really strange day. I was all set to spend Thursday night with Mom - but she was pretty much non-responsive to any stimulus. Jamie brought Charliegh (the great granddaughter) in and Mom's eye opened for a moment and she made a little happy groan. That was it.

That afternoon with most of the family gathered around she fianally let go and passed peacefully into that other world.

Friday we made all the arrangements for her, and I caught a plane home. The sadness is heavy - but the joy from the reunion with my family is overwhelming. We're planning trips to Montana together - it's a state we all love and half way between us. It is going to be so much fun to get to know these kids - and their parents.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: An update on Mom by Harborwitch (Last Thursday was a ...)
It's difficult to lose your mother, but it sounds like it was time. Condolences.

Sally
  Re: An update on Mom by Harborwitch (Last Thursday was a ...)
I am sorry about your mom Sharon. {{{{HUGS}}}}

But I am happy you had a wonderful connection with your family. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: An update on Mom by esgunn (I am sorry about you...)
It's amazing how out of a loved one's death, the family seems to draw together. It happened to us in the last few months also - especially last Saturday.

I'm glad you were able to be there, Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: An update on Mom by cjs (It's amazing how out...)
Sharon, I am very sorry for the loss of your mom. You describe a peaceful departure for her from this life. Wishing you peace.
  Re: Re: An update on Mom by HomeCulinarian (Sharon, I am very so...)
Sorry to hear this, but glad that it was peaceful and brought the family together well. It's never easy. Praying for your comfort.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: An update on Mom by labradors (Sorry to hear this, ...)
Sharon, I am very saddened to hear this, but knowing you are at peace with it makes it easier to accept. The knowledge that it was a peaceful departure...what a beautiful way to put it...and her final responsive moment being the sight of your newest grand is very special.

I hope you will take time to document your reunion with pictures...I'm sure it will be a time you will want to look back on forever.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: An update on Mom by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I am very sa...)
Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Daphne I didn't take any pictures - other than of the lovely family care home where she was. I journaled while I was there - and someday I'll upload it and finish it - but I just felt that I didn't want to remember us like that. When we all get together in Montana I'll post lots of pictures.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: An update on Mom by Harborwitch (Thank you all for yo...)
Sharon, I'm glad you are back home and seem to have found some peace, even in the midst of your sadness. Please accept my deepest sympathy on your loss. The comfort of your family will help you get through your grief. What a wonderful time to look forward to.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: An update on Mom by Mare749 (Sharon, I'm glad you...)
Sharon,

Even though you were all together at your loss, may it be a comfort that you shared your grief and renewed your family ties for the future.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.