REVIEW: Smoked Salmon Pasta
  Re: (...)
This recipe is on page 7 of the latest and greatest Weeknight Menus book. I always feel kind of silly leaving my reviews because there's not much to them, this one included. Basically made the recipe as written, no changes, and it was great! Actually, one change I would make is to add a few more capers. I think I need a little more brine to cut the cream - this recipe is very rich. And while I'm not big on leftover fish, my husband said the leftovers for lunch the next day were good.

I'd give it a 8+ or a 9. Just plan ahead and try not to eat too much salt or fat that day other than this if you are concerned with that kind of stuff.
  Re: REVIEW: Smoked Salmon Pasta by Trixxee (This recipe is on pa...)
Your review is just fine, and thank you for posting it!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Smoked Salmon Pasta by Mare749 (Your review is just ...)
Your review could not have been done better by anyone, Trixxee!! So keep doing it - I'm making notes on the reipe to add some more capers! And I wouldn't have known to do this without your review!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Smoked Salmon Pasta by cjs (Your review could no...)
Ditto what Jean said! We ALL need to know when someone tries one of the recipes! GOOD OR BAD. It doesn't mean we all will try it (or not) or make the changes right off....just better prepared if we do! Isn't that what this is all about? Heck, I feel bad when I go for a long spell and DON'T review one...LOL!

THANKS AND WELL DONE! I did not have this on my A List...but now I do! Thanks to you!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Smoked Salmon Pasta by Gourmet_Mom (Ditto what Jean said...)
Thanx for posting the review. I had over looked it and will now give it a try.
Would someone post this recipe--I don't have the "Weeknite Menus" book!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Thanks for the review! I found a bunch of smoked salmon on the freezer and had thought of the recipe - now will definately give it a try!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Smoked Salmon Pasta by esgunn (Thanks for the revie...)
Here you go, Bill -

Smoked Salmon Pasta - Weeknight Menus book #3
4 servings

"Be careful when seasoning this dish. The smoked salmon and capers both are salty, and you may find that you don't need any extra salt."

8 oz. dry bow-tie pasta (farfalle)
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 T. olive oil
1 cup heavy cream
2 T. capers
4 oz. smoked salmon, flaked
2 T. chopped fresh dill leaves
1 tsp. lemon juice
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste

Bring a pot of salted water to boil for the pasta. Cook pasta according to pkg. directions.

Saute onion in oil in a skillet over medium-high heat for 3 min. Add cream and capers; cook until liquid is reduced by half.Remove skillet from heat. Stir salmon, dill, lemon juice, and cooked pasta into cream sauce; season with salt and pepper.

Note from Trixxee: taste to see if more capers needed to cut the richness of the cream.
----
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Smoked Salmon Pasta by cjs (Here you go, Bill -[...)
Thanks you guys! I will continue to post reviews now without a second thought.