What's For Dinner? Thursday 8/27
  Re: (...)
Forgot this yesterday. What's everyone up to for tonight?

I finally roasted my Coffee/cinnamon chicken yesterday, so will look thru [Email]C@H[/Email] for some chicken salad or sandwiches. Anyone have any ideas for me from them?

Found something to try - from Sandwiches & Salads. Southwestern Chicken panini

has a pesto of cilantro, garlic,jalapeno, lime, olive oil
a mayo of mayo, chipotle, sugar

topped with pepper jack or Havarti cheese.
Sounds really tasty - has anyone done this one?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner? Thursday 8/27 by cjs (Forgot this yesterda...)
Hooray! I finally get to add my two cents here. The only cookbooks I brought with me are the C@H issues I have. I am making the Hot and Sticky Asian ribs from one of the weeknight menus books. Not sure of my sides yet, but I will probably steam some broccoli. It is so wonderful cooking again and eating dinner with my honey. I am having fun trying all new beers too, though Pennsylvania has some strict liquor laws and do not make it easy to purchase.

Sorry Jean, I am drawing a blank for you. The chicken sounds like it would be delicious though. Ha, I see restaurants here advertising chicken and waffles. Not a combination I would have come up with, but waffles seem to go with the coffee/cinnamon aspect!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner? Thursday 8/27 by chef_Tab (Hooray! I finally ge...)
I made the chicken paninis. As a matter of fact, they were the first panini I ever made on my press.

They were very good. I used pepper jack. Nothing not to like about this sandwich!
  Re: What's For Dinner? Thursday 8/27 by cjs (Forgot this yesterda...)
frozen chicken steaks, boneless and skinless
cut into large chunks partially still frozen
dredged in flour with my rub of bbq and my
house season, too much to list in the ingredients.
quick pan seared in olive oil and butter, browned a bit.
then, 1 cup rice on shallow baking pan, covered with 2 cups water.
now hot partially cooked chix on top, a can of cream of shroom
soup covers all, foil sealed, bake 375 for 50 minutes.
small bread pudding [biscuit and cinnamon rolls cut up and dried] for dessert, just enough for two of us.
creamy hot chocolate butterscotch drizzle on top, vanilla ice cream topped over.
...of all the things to cherish most in 'this' life, it's the love of a little one...
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner? Thursday 8/27 by WannaBeTVChef (frozen chicken steak...)
Baby girl is on her way!!!!! The last of my frozen stash is shrimp, so we're having the Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine with a side salad....YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner? Thursday 8/27 by Gourmet_Mom (Baby girl is on her ...)
I made dinner ahead of time and I'm sure anxious to post a couple of reviews....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner? Thursday 8/27 by cjs (I made dinner ahead ...)
Brauts - pre cooked in beer and onions and finished on the grill, potato salad and more beer of course. Oh, and watermelon.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner? Thursday 8/27 by esgunn (Brauts - pre cooked ...)
Quote:

Brauts - pre cooked in beer...

You cooked BRIDES in beer?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?