Removing Excess Moisture from Zucchini
  Re: (...)
I know that I have posted about this subject on my blog, but I'm not certain if I mentioned it here.

It's always best to have the shredded zucchini as dry as possible when adding it to baked goods (since they might otherwise get gummy with the extra moisture) so I dry it in the "spin" setting of my washing machine.

I use a large flour-sack towel and pin it securely (absolutely make certain to do this, because it is really, really difficult to pick zucchini shreds out of the holes in a washing machine tub!)

After it spins for several minutes, remove the zucchini in the towel then add a watering can full of water to the machine and spin again to get the tub rid of any greenish water which may be lurking about.

This makes wonderfully dry, fluffy zucchini shreds to use in breads, pancakes, cakes, etc.

Also, if you dry more than you need for a particular recipe, store it in the refrigerator in a paper-towel lined covered container. Even after a couple of days, it is still nice and dry. I sneak it into DH's sandwiches at lunch instead of lettuce...
  Re: Removing Excess Moisture from Zucchini by foodfiend (I know that I have p...)
That's a good idea for those who do not have a salad spinner. My salad spinner is definitely in the top 10 of my kitchen tools. I did not bring much with me on this move, but made sure there was room for my C@H cookbooks and salad spinner.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Removing Excess Moisture from Zucchini by foodfiend (I know that I have p...)
Great idea!
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Re: Removing Excess Moisture from Zucchini by iCook (Great idea!...)
That's funny!! works tho, huh?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com