Need a recipe from Issue #67 - February 2008
  Re: (...)
Hello! My father subscribes to Cuisine at home and has all of his issues organized in folders. He has misplaced one of the folders...the one that contains issue 67 from February 2008. He asked me if I could search the internet and find him the recipe for the marinara sauce on page 33. How he knows the page number, I haven't a clue!!
If anyone has their issue handy, could you please share the recipe so that I can give it to him? He seems to think that anything you need can be found on the internet with a few keystrokes. I've tried to explain that if all of the recipes from every issue were posted somewhere on the internet, no one would subscribe to the magazine, but he just doesn't understand! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
  Re: Need a recipe from Issue #67 - February 2008 by Laney_75 (Hello! My father sub...)
Welcome and here you go...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Simple Marinara

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup onion -- diced
3 garlic cloves -- sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 cups fresh tomatoes -- quartered
1 teaspoon sugar -- optional
salt and pepper -- to taste
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves -- thinly sliced

Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium. Add onion and cook until soft,
6 minutes.Stir in garlic and pepper flakes, saute 1 minute.

Add tomatoes and sugar (depending on tomaotes sweetness you may not need
it).Cook until tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes, then coarsely crush
with a tomato masher. Simmer 5-8 minutes to thicken, then season sauce
with salt and pepper. Pulse in a food processor or with an immersian
blender if desired.

Finish with Basil.

Description:
"Good with Calzones Or to have on hand for quick dinners. Make a
batch and freeze it."
Source:
"Cusine at Home February 2008 Issue 67"
Yield:
"3 cups"
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Need a recipe from Issue #67 - February 2008 by esgunn (Welcome and here you...)
Welcome Laney, hope you'll stick around the forum and join in on the food conversations!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need a recipe from Issue #67 - February 2008 by esgunn (Welcome and here you...)
That's a zippy little marinara sauce that's been repeated for a couple of items - particularly the manicotti made with blanched ready-to-use smooth lasagna sheets by Barilla. It's very nice and light. That recipe was in a Easy Weeknight book, IIRC.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Need a recipe from Issue #67 - February 2008 by BarbaraS (That's a zippy littl...)
Welcome Laney! Hope you'll stick around!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need a recipe from Issue #67 - February 2008 by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome Laney! Hope...)
Hello, Laney. You came to the right place! Don't just run away with the one recipe, though. There are lots of great recipes here, and some great people with whom to share them. Hope to see you back again, soon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?