4 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
1 & 1/4 C dry vermouth
1 & 1/4 C whipping cream
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
1 T chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 t dried
8 6oz salmon fillets
All purpose flour
Additional chopped parsley
(serves 8--we cut by 3/4 to serve 2--works well)

Melt 4 T butter in a large skillet over med low heat. Add leeks and saute' until soft, about 15 min. Add vermouth and boil over high heat until reduced to 2 T, about 5 min. Add cream and boil until sauce consistancy, about 2 min. Stir in parsley and tarragon. Remove from heat-cover and keep warm.

Sprinkle salmon with coarse salt and pepper. Dust lightly with flour. Melt 2 T butter in each of 2 non stick skillets over med-high heat. Add 4 salmon fillets to each skillet and cook until opaque in center, about 3 min each side.

Transfer salmon to plates, spoon sauce over salmon, garnish with parsley and serve.
Bon Appetit March 1997, pg 42
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Salmon w/Tarragon-Leek Sauce by Old Bay (1 stick butter[br]4 ...)
That sounds good, Bill - reminds me of this one with leeks, it's different, but it popped in my head when I read yours.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Tarragon & Brown Sugar Salmon with Crab Crème

4 fillets salmon -- (7 oz.)
20 asparagus spears
Micro mustard greens for garnish
1/2 lime
1 Pinch brown sugar for salad

Marinade
1/8 pound brown sugar
1 cup fresh tarragon
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/8 cup fresh basil
1 Pinch salt and pepper
1 cup oil

Crab Crème
1/2 pound jumbo lump crab
2 cups cream
1 oso sweet onion diced
1/2 cup leeks diced -- cleaned
1 large shallot
1 Pinch chopped parsley

1. To prepare marinade, puree all herbs and brown sugar in a food processor. Add oil and season.

2. Marinate salmon in mixture for one day.

3. Preheat oven to 400°F.

4. Blanch asparagus in salted water for one minute, then chill.

5. In a sauté pan place blanched asparagus, then top with salmon making sure herbs are coating fish.

6. Place in preheated oven 12 - 16 minutes or until desired temp is reached (8 - 10 minutes for medium-rare).

7. In a small pan sweat shallots, oso sweet onions and leeks. Add cream. Season with salt and pepper. Add crab and reduce over medium high heat 4 - 6 minutes. Pull from heat, and add parsley.

8. Remove salmon and asparagus from oven.

9. Arrange five asparagus on each of four plates, then top with salmon. Evenly portion crab sauce on side of fish.

10. Garnish with micro greens dressed with salt and pepper, drizzle with lime juice and a pinch of brown sugar.

11. Serve and have fun.

Description:
"By Chef Brian Duffy"

---

I have a lot of salmon in the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Salmon w/Tarragon-Leek Sauce by cjs (That sounds good, Bi...)
I REALLY like the sounds of that! Thanks Bill and Jean! I was going to pick up salmon last weekend while shopping, but I just wasn't in the mood. Maybe with these two to try, I'll be in the mood again!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.