Steak Chili / Fajita seasoning?
  Re: (...)
Has anyone tried the above recipe in issue 77 ?

it looks interesting and the empanadas too. - hope to try it in a

few days and will give a review -

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Steak Chili / Fajita seasoning? by mjkcooking (Has anyone tried the...)
I haven't tried anything from the magazine yet - anxious to hear how you like them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Steak Chili / Fajita seasoning? by cjs (I haven't tried anyt...)
Marye, If you're talking about the fajita chili, we've made it and thought it was very good. Also made the empanadas and the salad with chipotle ranch. All very good. The only adjustment for the empanadas, is that it makes about 32 instead of 16, so buy or make a double batch of pie crust dough. I froze the extras on a sheet then packaged them in small batches in my foodsaver.
  Re: Re: Steak Chili / Fajita seasoning? by HomeCulinarian (Marye, If you're tal...)
I have a flat iron steak in the freezer, so this in on the menu after hubby gets home.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Steak Chili / Fajita seasoning? by esgunn (I have a flat iron s...)
Quote:

I have a flat iron steak in the freezer, so this in on the menu after hubby gets home.

How was the chili? Thinking about making it tomorrow.

Tipsy
  Re: Re: Steak Chili / Fajita seasoning? by TipsyMcStagger ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Tipsy

I haven't gotten it made yet! - Got to get busy!

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Steak Chili / Fajita seasoning? by mjkcooking (Tipsy [br][br]I hav...)
I finally made the Steak Chili with fajita seasoning

We liked it better the second day - I used the Flat Iron steak and used
the provided Fajita Seasoning recipe - I decreased the red pepper flakes
and cayenne pepper as my husband doesn't like really like spicy foods.

I also made the Sweet Corn & Bacon Empandas - we really liked these
and they were very easy to make

I would give this a 7 to 8

marye
  Re: Re: Steak Chili / Fajita seasoning? by mjkcooking (I finally made the S...)
good to know about this one, Marye. Someone must have made this already, I have it marked as 'well likked' - but, don't remember who.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com