What's Cookin' - Tuesday, 9/8?
  Re: (...)
I'm making Salmon and Corn Chowder with the salmon stock I made last week.

Also, going to try adding some of my roasted cherry tomatoes to a bread recipe - not sure which dough to use, but one that is very dense to work, I'm thinking.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's Cookin' - Tuesday, 9/8? by cjs (I'm making Salmon an...)
Not sure yet, Jean, but it's so nice and quiet out here, I'm enjoying thinking about it.
Still summery-ish weather here, but I am not complaining We'll take it
I'm wondering if that yummy zuke pizza crust would work on the grill (in a pan)?? What do you think, O wise one
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's Cookin' - Tuesday, 9/8? by farnfam (Not sure yet, Jean, ...)
hmmmm, good question. I think the first time I will make it per the instructions to see the consistency of the crust before topping it - maybe it would work. O wise one ain't too wise this a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's Cookin' - Tuesday, 9/8? by cjs (hmmmm, good question...)
It's not set in stone yet but I'm think we're having honey baked ham (froze some a couple of weeks ago) and some homemade mac & cheese with roasted tomatoes (recipe is from Cooking Light). I'll need a green veggie - will see what looks good at the store.
  Re: Re: What's Cookin' - Tuesday, 9/8? by Trixxee (It's not set in ston...)
See, I've already changed my mind! A friend of mine recommended a mac & cheese recipe that has carmelized shallots in it and some goat cheese on top. Yum!
  Re: Re: What's Cookin' - Tuesday, 9/8? by Trixxee (See, I've already ch...)
I had planned on making the Brown Sugar and Bourbon Ribs...put the ribs in the fridge and everything. Then last night, when I went to check my ingredients against the recipe, I realized it needed to sit for 6 hours to overnight...SO...

Tonight, I'm doing the beer can chicken from Sizzle with mashers and peas. I'm wanting to put some cheese or something in the mashers, but can't decide. What do you guys think? I've got some goat cheese and the blue cheese...decisions, decisions.

Although, I may leave them plain or garlicky and see what ideas I can get for the goat cheese in another thread. I already have an idea for the blue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's Cookin' - Tuesday, 9/8? by Gourmet_Mom (I had planned on mak...)
I was going to say, Daphne, in another post you mentioned using the bleu for something, if you had enough. Goat cheese would be great in the mashers and the garlic.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's Cookin' - Tuesday, 9/8? by cjs (I was going to say, ...)
LOL! True, but if you'll notice, I also said, "if it lasts the week"! At my house, blue cheese (if opened) is one of those things that disappears if I don't use it all right away. Actually, the goat cheese had a close call over the weekend. I have the family trained (most of the time) to not touch an ingredient that is not opened. So luckily, OS ASKED if he could open the goat cheese the other night! WHEW!

To be honest, I wanted to do something new with the goat cheese, thus the separate thread. But I think I've probably got enough to do both. Decision made...cheesy garlicky mashers! EASY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.