Okay, that's it! I'm out of here!
  Re: (...)
For a couple of weeks...

I haven't been around a lot because we have been tying up loose ends, getting ready for our annual beach vacation. Friends will be visiting us there, too, so in addition to planning our "regular" meals, I am getting a couple of "special" meals ready (DH would say, "but aren't all of the meals you make for us special?" Uh huh, yes dear...).

It would be so nice if there were a Sam's and a Trader Joe's in the area, but since there is not I have to buy and lug all of that stuff down, plus my oils, vinegars, spices, etc. The grocery store is 20 minutes away and I'm hoping to get through the first half of next week without having to go anywhere but to the beach.

My knives are sharpened and in sheaths, packed with the other things which the beach house (well-equipped for most people, but not really for me) is lacking: microplane, juicer, scale, large cutting board, certain whisks and spatulas, garlic press, scissors, etc. Yes, I'm taking my kitchen with me!

Alas, I keep adjusting my menus and Labs posting his recipe for goat cheese dip today did not help! I was going to make a feta dip for Sunday evening, but now will add goat cheese to the cooler and sun-dried tomatoes to one of the food boxes...

I will pop in again before Friday evening just to see what's going on, but I'm not going to copy any more recipes to use on vacation. I'm, not ! Really!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Okay, that's it! I'm out of here! by foodfiend (For a couple of week...)
Quote:

I haven't been around a lot because we have been tying up loose ends, getting ready for our annual beach vacation.

Here's hoping everything goes swimmingly.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Okay, that's it! I'm out of here! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I hope it's a big splash!
  Re: Re: Okay, that's it! I'm out of here! by DFen911 (I hope it's a big sp...)
Have fun Vicci!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Okay, that's it! I'm out of here! by cjs (Have fun Vicci!!...)
"...but I'm not going to copy any more recipes to use on vacation. I'm, not ! Really!!! " Good luck with that...LOL!

Have a great time Vicci! I hope you have a peaceful and restful trip!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Okay, that's it! I'm out of here! by Gourmet_Mom ("...but I'm not goin...)
Have a relaxing vacation, Vicci.
  Re: Re: Okay, that's it! I'm out of here! by HomeCulinarian (Have a relaxing vaca...)
Have a wonderful time, Vicci! We're right behind you, leaving in two weeks. I can't wait! I don't take my kitchen with me tho. We either eat out or keep meal prep to a minimum, such as buying rotisseried chickens and making a salad. Sometimes I'll use a crockpot and make meatballs and sauce for spaghetti. But, most of the time, it's something fast.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Okay, that's it! I'm out of here! by Mare749 (Have a wonderful tim...)
As much as I love to cook, the thought of having to take all that stuff on a vacation would take the edge off the fun. I would rather spend my time with a book and listening to the ocean rather than listening for a timer to ding!

But obviously it is something that you are looking forward to!! So dice on and enjoy your vacation!
  Re: Re: Okay, that's it! I'm out of here! by iBcookin (As much as I love to...)
I love to get motel or B&B rooms with access to kitchens, so I have the option to cook when we're somewhere. And, I must say, I do take advantage of it - it's fun to cook local things.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com