What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up for this evening?

I'm finally trying the zucc pizza and maybe some goat cheese filled tomatoes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by cjs (What's everyone up f...)
Cooking out of the pantry and freezer as you say and making this chicken/white bean chili. Of course, I'll still have to run to the store for corn bread mix.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...n-Chili-61
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by Trixxee (Cooking out of the p...)
Not sure what else I'll be having with it, yet (not until I get to the store), but I'll be starting with some leftover Cream of Green Been Soup. That stuff is outstanding!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by labradors (Not sure what else I...)
I 2 bunches of fresh basil to use so some sort of pasta. I wish I had time to make basil ravioli hhmmm gonna see if I can get some fresh pasta sheets from the Italian restaurant.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by DFen911 (I 2 bunches of fresh...)
Eating leftover Pad Thai salad with pork loin from the Weeknight Grilling book. Then off to the campus' performance center's opening night. Every other year they open with a guitar festival. It's a ton of fun. A nice perk for living in a college town. http://www.kcpa.uiuc.edu/
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by HomeCulinarian (Eating leftover Pad ...)
a guitar festival - how fun that would be to hear.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by cjs (a guitar festival - ...)
I'm trying the Brown Sugar and Bourbon Ribs tonight. They're in the oven right now and smelling divine! Dinner is going to be a little late, and I'm not going to be able to go the whole 2 hours chill time...oh well. I guess I should have waited for the weekend, but just could NOT resist! I've been craving ribs!

I'm cooking corn on the cob and green beans for sides!

Jeannette, that sounds so fun! I really envy you folk that live so close to cultural experiences!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying the Brown...)
Leftover Bolognese and pasta with a Caesar salad--chianti.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by Old Bay (Leftover Bolognese a...)
Okay, to be fair...I didn't flip the ribs. But other than that, I followed the recipe to the letter. While they were good, I'll have to say, when I crave ribs, I prefer a traditional BBQ flavor...sorry Jean! The Brown Sugar and Bourbon Ribs were good, but not one I will run to when I crave ribs. To be fair, I should have known there was too much sweet in this to be something we would LOVE. We are too hard core Southerners to appreciate a sweet rib. I'll stick with my other rubs and sauces unless I crave something "different". I was in the mood for "traditional" ribs, and this didn't fill the bill. If the time comes...and it has before...that I get tired of "regular" ribs, I'll give this another try.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday, 9/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, to be fair...I...)
I knew that Ron was craving meat, so took out a package of venison from the freezer and made a sort of stew to put over jasmine rice. It was surprisingly good. Also knew he was missing homemade cookies, so made almond flavored rasberry cookies, then followed that with two loaves of banana nut bread since I had over-ripe bananas. I wrap those in single slice packs for him to take to work.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."