Freezing Peaches - Great Idea!!
  Re: (...)
Read this in a newsletter this a.m. and since I still have two colanders of peaches in the frige, I just jumped on this!! this method solves the problems of how much to break away from the darn frozen lump of peach slices.

"Here's what you do:

Peel each peach, make cuts to quarter the peach to remove pit and stem, and then put the peach back together in a peach-type shape and place into a regular muffin tin. When you have filled all 12, or have done as many as you want, place the muffin tin in the freezer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until peaches are frozen - - but not longer though, or they'll begin to dry out.

The frozen fruit should release easily from the tin to pop into a gallon bag for long-term freezing.

Now, I can just reach into the bag for one "peach ball" and have smoothies or other fun frozen beverages any time I want. It's fantastic! I may have to go back to the market for another bushel so I can have summer all year long!

Julie Realon lives in Raleigh, N.C., and served as an at-home recipe tester for all three of our cookbooks."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Freezing Peaches - Great Idea!! by cjs (Read this in a newsl...)
Oh Jean I do this every year. Some I peel and some I don't. I do them all in slices and freeze them in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen solid I put about 10 slices in each small baggie and then put all the baggies into a bigger one. I have peaches for pies, or garnish for my peach martinis or whatever I need

I wish someone would give me plums!
  Re: Re: Freezing Peaches - Great Idea!! by DFen911 (Oh Jean I do this ev...)
That is SO cool!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.