Tomorrow
  Re: (...)
Our family reunuin begins (for me at least). It actually began Thursday for some of the family, today for others and I'll join them tomorrow for the 2nd Annual Chili Cookoff and The Cotton Family 4th Annual Olympics. The olympics are a gas to watch what with us old folks competing with teenagers and young children. Of course with the geezers it's nothing strenuous, i.e. Ladder Golf, teaspoon/egg run, etc. Of course we play baseball too. This year I am taking chili, Green Seedless grapes, watermelon, and cantalope.

I've had trouble with my meds again, so quit taking them a week ago today. My Dr. discovered that the VA Pharmacy had added one drug too many and it was one I was NOT supposed to take. The last three days have been pain free and actually enjoyable. This will be my first family reunion (or anything else for that matter) that I've been able to enjoy with no pain (keep the fingers crossed).

Love youo all
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Tomorrow by bjcotton (Our family reunuin b...)
Billy have a great time!!!! What a fun weekend that's going to be. Eat hearty and enjoy every minute of it. And I want to see pics
  Re: Re: Tomorrow by DFen911 (Billy have a great t...)
An annual fun time for the Cottons - by the way, how do Dave & Jackie like their new home?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tomorrow by cjs (An annual fun time f...)
Have fun Billy! I hope all goes well!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Billy you have a good time - and I hope you win the cookoff!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Hope you have a great time Billy, I am also glad you are feeling better for your reunion. But don't over do it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Tomorrow by esgunn (Hope you have a grea...)
What a fun day! Enjoy the heck out of it with no pain Billy!
Sounds like a fun reunion, Billy. Hope you continue to feel well and have a wonderful time with your family. Don't forget to take pictures.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tomorrow by Trixxee (What a fun day! Enj...)
Yes Jean, they do like it; but, re-you and Roy they are already planning changes to it.

Well, my Nephew-in-Law won the cookoff with the chili recipe from the October CAH with mine as the runner-up. I was busy taking pictures and when I pressed the shutter button, the shutter closed and stayed shut. There was a message on the screen, "Change Batteries Now." Some warning huh? I didn't get one picture of the main event which was a relay race. The first two contestants had to shoot rubber frog slingshots from 10' into a basket; then the second on the team had to run to the center pick "something" from the bag, chew and swallot it and then tag the third member of the team...this went through 4 team members (they had to eat things like a rice cake, a granola bar, things like that with NO water to help. When they were finished, the next team member had to throw little golfball sized water soaked sponge balls into a bucket which was glued to a football helmet on another team members head...about 15', they had 10 sponge balls. The next member had to run to the end of the field to meet two other members...all three then had to don blindfolds. Each team had a suitcase that was placed near them after they were blindfolded...they had to find the suitcase, open it, and dress the third blindfolded member. The whole relay was just a hoot. I laughed to hard I fell out of my chair which stopped the game so they could make sure "Uncle Bill" was okay. They also played family feud and pictionary as teams, but the relay was the most fun, which I missed because of the damned batteries. No one had four AA spares.

Overall a wonderful day. I had to leave before the cookoff. I'd stopped at McDonalds for breakfast and it went through me REAL quick...luckily I had taken Pepto and Immodium.

The day started off overcast and cool, then turned sunny and about 68°F...just right!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Tomorrow by bjcotton (Yes Jean, they do li...)
Oh Billy, that just sounds so hilarious!!!! I'm glad you had a good time!

I'm glad you had a good time....shame about the batteries and the breakfast.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.