Dinner Tonight- 9/12
  Re: (...)
William insisted I post our dinner. While looking through FoodGawker today, I came up with an idea for my pork tenderloin and ran across a method for potatoes.

First the potatoes:
-fingerling potatoes, halved (I thinly sliced up some regular potatoes.)
-olive oil
-spice or herbs (I used fresh basil, rosemary, and thyme)
-balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper
(I added chopped garlic.)

I mixed the olive oil, herbs, vinegar, salt and pepper on a sheet pan...she suggested parchment or a silpat. I tossed the potato slices in the mixture and cooked in a 350 degree oven until fork tender. (I figure I changed this up enough, I can claim this one as my own.)

These were EXCELLENT! The balsamic makes the difference.

For the pork:
This one blogger had wrapped pork loin with bacon and sprinkled it with rosemary. I got to thinking about Jean's discovery using stone ground mustard on chicken...I think. So I smeared the tenderloins with the mustard, sprinkled with rosemary, thyme, minced garlic, salt and pepper. I let this marinate in the fridge for an hour or so. When ready to grill, I wrapped them in bacon and cooked until done. They were nice and pink and very juicy. The flavors were outstanding! Leftover green beans rounded out the meal. William doesn't give many tens, but he gave both dishes a ten. So did Andrew. I'll have to say, I agree! This is a definite repeat!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Dinner Tonight- 9/12 by Gourmet_Mom (William insisted I p...)
Oh my, that does sound so good, Daphne!! I oven-roast potatoes quite often, but don't remember adding balsamic to them. I'll sure try this. The whole dinner sounds so tasty.

We ran down the hill for French Dips and came home and had the last of the peaches sliced for dessert.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight- 9/12 by cjs (Oh my, that does sou...)
It's funny, Ashley is coming to dinner tomorrow night and asked that I fix something new. She said there were some good things in the new magazine. One of the few things that fit what I have in the freezer is the pork roast with the dijon....LOL! I guess it won't be that one!

Do try the balsamic, it was a really nice flavor and made it something different from the same ol' oven roasted taters!
Daphne
  Re: Dinner Tonight- 9/12 by Gourmet_Mom (William insisted I p...)
Daphne, that sounds great! I wiill mark those and give them a try. It sounds like a perfect fall meal.

We had a my sisters and their kids and their kids, kids over yeasterday for my mom's 75th B-day. I think there were 17 adults and 9 kids all under the age of 7.

We had Grilled flank steak, company potatoes AKA funeral potatoes (recipe from my childhood of par-boiled potatoes that are then shredded and mixed with sour cream, green onions cheese in a casserole and baked), two kinds of green salad, a caprese salad, rolls and apple pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert. YUM. It was good.

And the weather was perfect for it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight- 9/12 by esgunn (Daphne, that sounds...)
I bet your mom was glowing all day! What a wonderful "gift"! Dinner sounds good, too! Especially that apple pie and ice cream!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight- 9/12 by Gourmet_Mom (I bet your mom was g...)
Everything sounds great! I'll have to try the balsamic idea too.

We actually made a turkey breast (they were on sale for 88 cents a pound, couldn't resist), mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus.

Of course there will be leftovers tonight, though I'm making Uncle Ben's rice instead of eating the potatoes. One of my favorite food memories growing up is rice with gravy!