Figs
  Re: (...)
For some reason I have never been a great fan of figs, but...earlier this year I did discover how much I enjoy them. Earlier this week, at Central Market, I picked up a basket of them to play with.

Yesterday, I cut them in cross sections, but not all the way thru and suffed with goat cheese. Roasted in a 425° oven for 10 min. Then drizzled with warmed honey - oh my, how good were these little devils!! I only did six of them, so have a good half a basket left.

Can you all who like figs give me some ideas of how you like to fix them, please? Just quickie little ideas, I'm under the gun on a big project and can't do involved dishes for a while... But, I'd love to do something fun with the rest of them. Thanks for any ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Figs by cjs (For some reason I ha...)
Fig, prosciutto, goat cheese pizza. Spoony (years ago) gave a recipe for dipping them in sugar and grilling them. It was really good. Drizzled with honey and bakes. Have fun!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Figs by Lorraine (Fig, prosciutto, goa...)
"Fig, prosciutto, goat cheese pizza." - oh crud, pizza AGAIN??? thanks Lorraine.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Figs by cjs ("Fig, prosciutto, go...)
"oh crud, pizza AGAIN???" ROFLOL!

Jean, I have been wanting to try them drizzled with balsamic syrup. I just need to find some. I think I've mentioned this, but I don't think I've ever had fresh figs...that whole Fig Newton texture thing spoiled it for me. But I think I'm ready now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.