Wednesday Dinner - 9/23??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone (who's not outta town ) up to for dinner tonight?

We're helping with the memorial for our friend Bill on Saturday (would have been his B'day), so we're meeting his widow (geez, hate that word) at Costco to pick up goodies. And of course an excuse to go out to lunch. So, guess we'll have Ahab's Wife's seafood chowder - man, that's tasty!! And really loaded with seafood.

Houseboat Don is coming Friday and staying until Monday, so we'll do some heavy cooking and imbibing (I'm sure ) those four days. Don't know yet what he wants to work on, he always has some project he wants to try. Last time it was the Mother sauces and a few small sauces - that was a good time!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by cjs (What's everyone (who...)
I'm sure it will be leftovers. We're doing a luncheon today. I'm sure there will be leftove pulled pork and salads.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by Lorraine (I'm sure it will be ...)
I'm thinking a pasta primavera for tonight. We need to use up stuff in the frig before Friday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking a pasta...)
I blame Daphne for putting this in my head again. Darn her! We are having the oven fried chicken tonight with sweet potatoes. Although I am seriously rethinking this simply because it is pretty hot today.

Just wanted to mention I made the Potsticker Soup that Vicci posted last night with the addition of some oyster and shitake mushrooms, and extra hot sauce. What a hit! Glad I doubled the recipe. Thanks for that one Vicci!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by chef_Tab (I blame Daphne for p...)
We are having leftover ribs. Not sure what else.

I have some potatoes...and tomatoes...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by esgunn (We are having leftov...)
boy, do you have tomatoes!!

Erin, the mustard sauce you used on some of the ribs, did I hear someone say it was/is a C@H recipe?? Sure good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by cjs (boy, do you have tom...)
I'm making a sesame chicken dish from that Celebrate The Rain cookbook.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by Trixxee (I'm making a sesame ...)
I had a late workshop, so dinner will be late...oiy!

I'm thinking of stuffing a pork tenderloin with some mozz and spinach...roulades(?). I'm thinking of adding some sort of spice and dijon either in and/or out of the thing and serving over some linguine with a lemon butter sauce and maybe some toasted pine nuts. I'm kinda winging it tonight...feeling a little more confident about doing that, lately. We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had a late worksho...)
Daphne, That sounds really good. Let us know how it turns out!

Jean: The mustard sauce is a C@H recipe. I'm sitting by the lake and the kids are swimming and fishing for cray fish and tadpoles. Oh, now they are going fishing with their grandfather. I will post the issue and recipe later. If I have the memphis rub I'll post that too.

They are our favorites.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 9/23?? by esgunn (Daphne, That sounds...)
It's funny, the more I thought about it, the more the dish sounded like the pork roulades from C@H, so I checked it out....sure enough...minus the mustard, the ingredients I planned were close to the same.

To be honest, I had every intention of adding the mustard to the INSIDE of the loin, but forgot until I had tied it up. You can bet I did NOT untie the sucker and shmear on the mustard...LOL! I think the flavors would have worked though. I was pleased to discover the roulade recipe worked with a whole stuffed loin. This time, I didn't burn the pine nuts, and they really made a difference...I had not thought of adding those to my original idea.

I had less leakage doing the whole loin, too. I think searing each end before the sides really helped. I slightly missed the mark on one end, but the other end held totally! So the notes are added to the roulade recipe, and the mustard is on for the next loin! I also think more lemon is in order for the sauce when using the mustard.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.