Banana Bread Recipe
  Re: (...)
I was sure mine was posted here, but I can't find it. If anyone has it, or can post it, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Banana Bread Recipe by Lorraine (I was sure mine was ...)
Do I have yours?? There is one on page 134, Journey....Home that is the best I've ever tasted - if you can't find yours.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Banana Bread Recipe by cjs (Do I have yours?? Th...)
Thanks Jean. I may have to roll with that one. (what a hardship)
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Banana Bread Recipe by Lorraine (Thanks Jean. I may ...)
I recently posted my mom's recipe (she adapted it from my prune bread recipe and it is almost foolproof) in another forum. She gives it away as presents and folks always call back to ask for the recipe. It is not super sweet. Let me know if you'd like me to post it.
  Re: Re: Banana Bread Recipe by Cubangirl (I recently posted my...)
Really, Cubangirl??? At what point in time has anyone in this forum refused an offer for a posted recipe. We are always up for another recipe, especially with that kind of review! Please post!
  Re: Re: Banana Bread Recipe by iBcookin (Really, Cubangirl???...)
Donna's Banana Bread

1 c sugar
2 c plain flour
2 eggs
3 real ripe bananas
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
2 sticks butter, melted/cooled alittle
1/2 c nuts
1 small jello instant vanilla pudding
pinch of salt

Mix the eggs, butter and bananas together. Then add the flour,baking soda, baking powder,dry pudding mix, salt,sugar and nuts. Mix until moistened.
Divide batter between two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

This bread is so good, my brother ate a whole loaf in a day!!! I like to put it in the toaster and put butter on it!!!
  Re: Re: Banana Bread Recipe by Lorraine (Thanks Jean. I may ...)
Lorraine, I had it...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Lorraine's Banana Bread

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Bread Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Blend or sift together:
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking pwder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Cream 1/2 cup shortening
Gradually beat in 2/3 cup sugar
Add 2 well beaten eggs
Conbine well

Add dry ingredients gradually, alternating with 1 cup mashed bananas. Beat
until combined after each addition.

Pour into a 9 X 5 greased loaf pan. Let sit 20 minutes. Bake in preheated
350 oven for 50 - 55 minutes.

Description:
"Here's the one I've been using for years. It's from an ancient Purity
Flour cookbook, circa 1950. Please see my notes at the end."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : usually make 2-3 at a time. When cool, slice, butter, into a ziplock bag, then into a good ziplock freezer bag. I can then take out what I need for lunches. It will keep well for at least 2 months frozen.
I also use this recipe for mini muffins for fundraisers at work. Works great

NOTES : Notes
I use canola oil in place of shortening.
I like it very bananay, so usually add a bit more banana.
I don't usually measure, I use 3 big bananas.
I do it all in the KitchenAid. Start by beating the
bananas, remove them, and continue from there.
letting it sit the 20 minutes is key, so I start
preheating the oven aften the mixture is in the pan.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Banana Bread Recipe by esgunn (Lorraine, I had it....)
I guess I wanted to make the point it is an invented recipe, not a tested magazine or cookbook recipe. It is good. The recipe given is for a double batch which is how my mom always makes it. If you do only one batch, it is easy to do by hand. She used to make it in loaf pans, but finds it easier to store and slice doing it in a brownie style pan. She (almost 89 and my dad 91) have some every day for lunch and sometimes for dessert with dinner if they run out of fresh fruit. The servings are my guess as they depend on the size of your slices.

HILIA'S BANANA BREAD

Servings: 24 Yield: makes 2 batches

Oven Temperature: 350°F

The amounts listed make a double recipe. This bread is moist and not overly sweet. It can be made in a convection-bake or regular oven setting.

8-12 Peeled, frozen ripe bananas, thawed and mashed
2 Egg (large or extra-large)
¾ cup Granulated Cane Sugar (my mom uses less if the bananas are too sweet)
4 TBS. Oil ( My mom uses canola or right blend)
3½ cup AP flour (my mom's uses Pillsbury bleached)
2 TBS. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Table salt
1½ -2 cups Milk (we use 1%)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¾ -1 cup Chopped walnuts (or preferred nut)
20-30 Dried apricots chopped small

1. The amounts listed make two 8 ¾"X 11¾" X 1½" pans. Can also be made in comparable volume loaf pans.

2. Preheat convection bake or regular oven to 350°F.

3. My mom uses bananas that get too ripe to eat and peels them and puts them in Ziplock bag in the freezer. When she has any where from 8-12 she takes them out the night before and puts in the fridge. In the morning she takes them out of the ziplock and puts them in an 8 cup measuring cup to finish defrosting.

4. Stir baking soda and salt into flour (no need to sift). Chop apricots a bit by hand and then finish in mini food processor so they are chopped fairly small (or can do all by hand). Add the vanilla to the milk.

5. When she is ready to make it, she mashes the bananas a bit with a potato masher and then puts them and any liquid in the bowl of a standing mixer to and finishes mushing them. (With a double recipe it is hard to do all by hand)

6. Add the whole eggs and beat until mixed. Then add sugar and beat until well mixed. Alternate adding the flour mixture with the oil. Then add the chopped nuts and apricots. Finally add the milk, adding the extra ½ cup if mixture is too stiff.

7. Pour into baking pans and bake for 30 minutes at 350° if using convection-bake or 45 in a regular oven. My mom bakes one pan a time in her convection toaster oven.

8. Let cool and wrap well. My mom just uses large restaurant grade ziplocks I found at Cash & Carry. Freezes well.

Author: Hilia
Exported from Living Cookbook.
I gave you the instructions how she makes it, and did my best to pin her down to amounts, but in reality once the bananas are mashed everything can be thrown into a bowl. It is one of the few baking recipes that you can have less or more of this and that and it still comes out.

Please let me know if you make it how it worked for you and if you liked it.
  Re: Re: Banana Bread Recipe by Cubangirl (I guess I wanted to ...)
"I guess I wanted to make the point it is an invented recipe, not a tested magazine or cookbook recipe." so is mine, but it is now in my cookbook.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Banana Bread Recipe by cjs ("I guess I wanted to...)
As usual, thanks to all! I have copied all of them.

I do the same with the bananas, but sometimes my grocery store has bags of them that are too ripe to sell by the hand so they load them all into a bag for 99 cents. I usually grab a bag and throw them into the freezer. Cubangirl's recipe sounds perfect for those occasions!

And I like the addition of the apricots! Since my tried and true banana recipe called for a cup of oil, I always statted with a container of baby food apricots and then added the oil to make a cup, so your apricots sounds great to me!