Wednesday (last day of Sept!!) Dinner???
  Re: (...)
geez, another month shot!! Time is really flying by.

What's everyone up to for dinner?

I thawed a hunk of brisket and sauce yesterday, so will probably have some sandwiches. Plus a couple ears of corn on the grill. We finished the last of the Blueberry Cream Cheese Ice Cream (oh my, it was sooooooo good) last night, so need to think of another flavor to play with. Roy's whining for a butter brickle type...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday (last day of Sept!!) Dinner??? by cjs (geez, another month ...)
My mom's heading back to Palm Desert in a couple of days. So we are having a clean out her freezer dinner here. Grilling Salmon, one piece of beef tenderloin and 3 lamb chops. I bought some fesh corn in the valley yesterday, so we'll have that. Not sure what else yet. Maybe a salad. And some stuffed tomatoes. I still have so many tomatoes!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Wednesday (last day of Sept!!) Dinner??? by cjs (geez, another month ...)
I love the weather change though. It feels wonderful being a cool and welcoming 54° outside this morning. Yeah! < It's Fall.

Tonight the man will get leftovers from last night as I work for the next 4 days so won't be home.

Bet the gingersnaps will be gone by the time I get home though. If not by him, he will take to work and share, or give them to the beast in the backyard
...of all the things to cherish most in 'this' life, it's the love of a little one...
  Re: Re: Wednesday (last day of Sept!!) Dinner??? by WannaBeTVChef (I love the weather c...)
I browned up some cubed pork butt and browned it. It'll go in a slow oven with enchillada sauce, so it will be done when we get home this evening.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday (last day of Sept!!) Dinner??? by Lorraine (I browned up some cu...)
Easy dinner tonight - chicken fajitas and black beans.
  Re: Re: Wednesday (last day of Sept!!) Dinner??? by Trixxee (Easy dinner tonight ...)
Erin, do you know how great it is to picture you at one of your computers now???? (Like keeping track of my kids!)

WannaBe - what kind of work do you do? And, who/what is the 'beast' in the backyard, a puppy????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday (last day of Sept!!) Dinner??? by cjs (Erin, do you know ho...)
That's not like my kind of "clean out the freezer" nights, Erin...LOL!

Tonight was Jean's Chicken and Leek Casserole....we had Bible Study and I needed something easy, fast and yummy! I played fast and easy tonight...I picked up a fresh rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I served peas on the side.-

I know Jean. It feels like Halloween is on top of us! After that, Thanksgiving and Christmas come really FAST!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.